Nail Polish

Nail Polish

A Story by Lale

A boy once asked me "what do you want the most?"


I hesitated for a moment. I have been stuffing my bucket list with many many dreams and goals but never classified them.

I first thought about the seven wonders; but as much as I want to visit those places, that wasn't what I wanted the most at that moment. It took me hours to realize that nothing that I wanted more than painting my nails black. 


Really?

© 2020 Lale


Author's Note

Lale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_Ub9Lytk0

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


...
This is probably one of the most relatable posts I have read all minute.... your black nails and my navy blue mascara would go down a treat at the village hall AGM :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Lale

3 Years Ago

that's for sure... dancing queens.. :)
Neville

3 Years Ago


I am more of an observer.. from the side-lines n shadows :)
the small things in life is always the most rewarding

Posted 3 Years Ago


 wordman

3 Years Ago

iced tea with lemon
Lale

3 Years Ago

maybe some music too
 wordman

3 Years Ago

of course ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I always enjoy poems and stories about perspective, especially the ones that express humility and the willingness to be small. That's where daily joy lies, I think, at the tip of your fingers, the ability to appreciate all the colors and the absence of.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Lale

3 Years Ago

Me too. I find joy writing about details. Thank you for your kind review.
I too would like to see the northern lights before I die.All those shades of heavenly greens. One of several on my bucket list amongst many. Your ending was unexpected and made me smile. Perfectly varnished nails are quite something. Mine always seem to smudge. But bold and black you would certainly be noticed. We need that at times.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Lale

3 Years Ago

The point is, we keep on seeking big dreams and forget about the small ones that sweeten our everyda.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2020
Last Updated on June 21, 2020
Tags: black, dreams

Author

Lale
Lale

About
I'll meet you there. Feel free to review whatever you think about my work. I'm here to learn. I lost my other account @goldenscar__ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9fKuymA0I more..

Writing
L.O.S.S L.O.S.S

A Poem by Lale


Amour in July Amour in July

A Poem by Lale