Sozzle

Sozzle

A Story by M
"

Just a drabble...

"

She was done. Her legs could no longer support her sloppy, awkward stance no matter how tirelessly she clung to the rigid door frame leading into her bedroom. Her feet started to slide from under. She could feel herself slowly sinking to the chilly floor. The vexing sound of nails scratching against the frame's wooden fixture vibrated loudly against her eardrums.


"N-no more.." she mumbled, her gangling figure finally giving way to gravity and dropping to the floor*. No more. She truly meant it this time. It'd been over a month since she became this groggy. Although, she couldn't recall the memory in the knotty mess that was currently her mind. But the sensation she felt was all too familiar in this very moment.


It's almost like a dream -- a fuzzy, yet discernible dream. She remembered the warmth that filled her chest, slowly coursing through her body. She remembered liking it. No, loving it. She remembered wanting more. Taking more. She could recall those blissful feelings, the ones that were suppressed long ago by morose and somber, being reawakened within her. 


She felt alive again.


And while she knew those feelings wouldn't last, she kept going. It was as if she craved. So she would continued in the habit, downing every shot of liquid handed to her, humming as the bitter taste would pass down her throat. The burning sensation returning in her chest as a smile etched along her features.


The sound of her own laughter chimed sweetly in her memory. The corner of her mouth twitched slightly into a smirk. Pushing herself to her feet, she staggered towards her bed, wrapping herself in the familiar solace of her blankets. "No more.." she told herself again, whilst pondering whether she would chase that transient happiness again in the future.

© 2013 M


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

M
This is my first story! Sorry if the writing is choppy or, well, outright terrible. And I feel like the ending was weak. I am quite new to this and am willing to learn from any feedback given. Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 23, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013
Tags: alcoholism, fiction, drabble

Author

M
M

About
My name is M. I like goldfish and gummy bears. more..

Writing
Toper's Mentality Toper's Mentality

A Story by M


Cold Cold

A Poem by M