Ault, CO. // dead sun baked skin

Ault, CO. // dead sun baked skin

A Story by addisone

Did you think that it was over when your body was burning?
When the water threw itself at you like a damsel in snakes skin?
Did you think you'd never look the same when you were engulfed in flames?
And did the cold water make it worse or what's worse than burning?
I ask only to remember, we bask in the sunlight before burning up in its rays.
I wish I could have saved you that day, instead of getting caught in the fog and the waves.
The clouds went from white to blue and all the way to orange, but your clothes got attached to your bones and I could hear the birds screaming along outside.
They sang with your pain, like they could have dived in the windows and pushed you out of way of the flames, but they watched from outside as the house filled with smoke.
You ran to the bathroom like a shower would take away all the pain, you left a trail of skin and I followed it like crumbs your body left behind.
Leading me to you, where they started throwing wet cold towels over your body. I wanted to touch your skin and let it soak up my flesh to give it back, but I couldn't and your throat was ripping from the screaming, have you ever felt so helpless? I have.
I rushed back to the kitchen only to find that beautiful girl turning blue, and I didn't know her name or what she looked like before, I was terrified she would hate her life for trusting these people, can we really trust anyone at all?
I ripped off her clothes so they didn't get stuck to her boiling skin, as I pulled off her shorts along came the tops of her thighs, like I was about to expose what was really beneath.
You could hear the sirens four miles away, I don't know who called but I'm glad they did.
The table was covered in substances white, brown, pink, green, yellow and blue.
All the stages your bodies went through before becoming red like the blood dripping from my nose when the flames starting growing up the walls and into the cupboards, up your legs and heading straight for your face.
The hospital was 12 miles, 21 minutes, and five towns away.
They took you and some of us followed, and some of us stayed, I began picking up the pieces of your flesh off the floor before the dogs ate you.
The kitchen was black and so were the skies, like the whole town had caught fire, but it was only us, it was only us who had caught fire long ago and it finally burned up our bodies and souls.
I'm sorry you lost your skin, but you gained something new, a love that you never had.
Your lover sat next to you for all those months spent in a hospital you weren't familiar with.
We never visited that girl, no not once, we were too afraid, but it haunts me everyday because I wish I could see her face and remember her name.

- addisone.

Real event.

© 2016 addisone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A interesting story. Real life leave us with memories we cannot forget. This story create vision of great pain.
"Your lover sat next to you for all those months spent in a hospital you weren't familiar with. "
I liked the above line. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A interesting story. Real life leave us with memories we cannot forget. This story create vision of great pain.
"Your lover sat next to you for all those months spent in a hospital you weren't familiar with. "
I liked the above line. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 22, 2016

Author

addisone
addisone

Gillette, WY



About
showcase or something I don't know more..

Writing
12. 12.

A Poem by addisone


recycled. recycled.

A Poem by addisone