Outside The Window

Outside The Window

A Story by Grace
"

What it is like outside my bedroom window, and where I much rather be.

"

Outside the window, there isn’t much to look at. Open the blinds and you’ll see the bright red, brick wall of my neighbor’s house. You’ll look to the left and see the beginning of a wooden fence with narrow spaces and a slight overview of a backyard. Look upwards and see the edge of a roof. To the left a high window, unable to look through, and a bare wall. A visible line can be seen as to separate our houses. On my side the grass is dark, patchy, and overgrown. On the opposite side it’s bright, healthy, and taken care of. Outside the window, the world is dark. It’s nighttime and a sheet of black covers the sky. Stars can’t be seen where I live, in the suburbs, houses lining street after street, filled with domesticity. A place where at this time, porch lights and street lights turn on, illuminating the neighborhood. Very few dark grey clouds fly above, covering the shining moon as the slowly moved across the night sky. This is what I find outside my window.


In another place, a place where I’d want to be, something different can be seen outside the window. Outside the window, there is so much to look at. Pull away the curtain and find a sea of thousands of trees. View the mountains that fade in the distance, hills that have visible streams flowing over them.  There would be no other house in sight, just nature overtaking the landscape. The sky would be dark at this time but there would be stars everywhere. Millions would cover the sky on a cloudless night. The moon would shine bright and would allow sight in the darkness. Outside the window, fireflies would pass to and fro, going anywhere. Their small lights would lighten the sunless atmosphere. In this place everything can be seen, everything is open. This is what I wish to find outside my window.


© 2017 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Are there any better descriptive words/sentences I could have used?
Anything that you think should be different?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 14, 2017
Last Updated on March 14, 2017
Tags: window, looking out, escape, view

Author

Grace
Grace

Houston, TX



About
Before I die I want to... Save my friends before they fade away Be more successful than my parents Feel good about myself Stop thinking too much Stop being afraid Write a book Have sex Breathe.. more..

Writing
Joking Joking

A Poem by Grace


I Forget I Forget

A Poem by Grace


... ...

A Book by Grace