Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Match Maker

The Match Maker

A Story by Grace
"

A short story about a random match making session matching guys with girls and marring them off.

"

Today was the day. We were all in the room. There were twenty-six seats on this side of the room and there was twenty-six of us girls. Alisa �" the Italian; Belina �" the French girl; Caitlin �" the Irish one; Darcy �" the Australian joker, and a good friend of mine; Evonne �" the one from Portugal; Fayth �" the quiet Canadian one; Gabby �" the gobby Indian; Havana �" form Spain; Iva �" the snootish Polish one; Jacki �" the loud American; Keira �" Caitlin’s friend from Indonesia; Lexy �" the lovable Kenyan; Mandisa �" the shy African; Naimah �" the Turkish one who made everything funny; Olivia �" the sickly Swedish one, Phebe �" the Brazilian; Qarma �" the one who never spoke from Iran; Randy �" an New Zealander; Sioned �" the witty Welsh girl; Tammie �" the Scottish brain box; Unni �" the English girl no one liked; Vyvyan �" the Japanese girl; Wylie �" the serious German; Xenia �" the clever third person of my group form Russia; Yumiko �" the Chinese girl who only go excited when we talked about cooking; and me.

 

My name is Zoey, and I am from the South of Ireland. I was choose along with the other twenty-five girls I have listed above to test out and be the first people to go through the ‘Match Maker’. I had no choice in the matter. I didn’t want to do it at all, and I did put up a fight, however I was told that I had to do it. What it was, was that twenty-six random girls and twenty-six random boys form the age of eighteen to twenty-three where picked from around the whole world and then we would be matched (one boy and one girl) randomly and married off. We then would be given a home somewhere where neither of us was from. It was supposed to be something about trying to get the world to mix better. I don’t know how, but anyway. So I had been chosen from the whole of south Ireland! Out of the 3,524,229 people in Ireland it had to be me! They seemed to go for people who had little family or none at all. For me I was an only child whose parents had both died! So no one would miss me.

 

I was taken to this place about four months ago; it was in London and all those from different parts of the world had to travel here. Those that where chosen all spoke English so we could all understand each other fairly well. We where supposed to be married all ready but something had happened and their were less that twenty-six boys and then one of the girls took sick and had to be replaced! During the four months though us girls got to know each other better and I had started a close relationship with two of the girls, Darcy and Xenia. Darcy was a twenty-year-old Australian, whose witty humour had me in stitches, laughing at her all the time. It wasn’t that she was always telling jokes; it was more to do with how she said thing and her facial reactions. She had long dark wavy hair, brown eyes, tanned skin and was a little bit taller than me. She looked liked a tomboy with the way she wore her hair and wore hoodies! Xenia was Russian. She was also twenty, which meant that I was the baby of the group! Xenia was beautiful in every way, she had good looks and her manner was lovely. She was always ready to help those who asked for it, but she would not stand for anyone taking her kindness for granted and abusing her good nature. She had blonde hair, long and straight. Her blue eyes and pale skin made her look fresh and altogether lovely. I on the other hand was a typical Irish girl, nineteen years old with long curly ginger hair, green eyes and a lot of freckles!

 

So here we all were. Waiting in a room in a hug building. In another room in the building the twenty-six boys sat. There was another room. A huge room. Xenia, Darcy and I were all chatting together. Xenia and I were nervous and we both were showing it, but Darcy was as care free as ever. She was trying to lighten the spirits of all us girls with her jokes and laughter!

 

“How are you not nervous?” I asked her.

 

“How do you know I’m not Zoey dearest?” She replied with a smile. “I might be just covering it up!”

 

“She’s got a point,” Xenia said, “I wish I could cover mine up like that!” At that point a woman came into the room.

 

“Ok, girls,” She said. “You can come along now.” We followed her into the big room. This room had twenty-six seats down one side and on the other side were another twenty-six seats. At the top of the room in the middle there was a table. On the table there was two boxes, a pile of paper, and what looked like a jewellery box. The woman told us to sit in any order on the seats on the right. Darcy, Xenia and I took three seats at the end. Then the boys arrived. We looked on in silence as they came in and sat down. Out of the twenty-six of them there was only about six or seven of them that were good looking.

 

“At least we can divorce them if we don’t like them!” Whispered Xenia. I smiled.

 

“Yeah, we would never be able to marry again then!” I whispered back.

 

“Then if we don’t like them we will have to kill them, then we would be able to marry again!” Darcy piped in, in a loud whisper!

 

“Darcy!” Both Xenia and I exclaimed, with wide eyes! We all laughed though!

 

A man held up his hand to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Ok, Ok! Ladies and gentlemen! Can I have you attention please?” Everyone looked at him. “First of all I would like to welcome you all here! You are the first people to participate in this ‘Match Making’ progress! You are defiantly privileged young people!”

 

“Yeah right!” Darcy muttered.

 

“Secondly” He continued. “ I will tell you what will happen. You can see here on the table two boxes. We will be writing your names on a piece of card. All the girls’ names will be put into this box (he pointed to the pink box) and the boys’ in this one (the blue one). We will then randomly pick out a boys name and a girls name and those will be the matches. We have the wedding rings here, (the jewellery box) and these (the stack of paper) are the signing sheets. Once you have signed you will sit there (pointing to a corner of the room full of pairs of chairs) with your new husband or wife. You will then get to choose where you would like to live, up to three sets in a country and you will not be able to live where either of you are from. Is that clear?” No one moved an inch. “Ok, so now we will write your names down. Girls first.”

 

So us girls started, in alphabetic order. “Alisa” “Belina” “Caitlin” “Darcy” “Evonne” “Fayth” “Gabby” “Havanna” “Iva” “Jacki” “Keria” “Lexy” “Mandisa” “Naimah” “Olivia” “Phebe” “Qarma” “Randy” “Sioned” “Tammie” “Unni” “Vyvyan” “Wylie” “Xenia” “Yumiko” “Zoey”. And then the boys. “Alex” “Bobby” “Caleb” “Donald” “Ethan” “Fred” “Gavin” “Hamish” “Ignacio” “Jack” “Kyle” “Lane” “Maddox” “Neville” “Omar” “Pardeep” “Quency” “Ryder” “Solomon” “Tyrone” “Umberto” “Vance” “Wynn” “Xander” “Yosef” “Zane”.

 

That was all of us! Our names were put into the boxes and then the boxer where shaken. We were all dreading our names being picked. Knowing me I would probably get some awful one. Like that Vance, the one who had a long ponytail! Help me now! They started picking out the names. My heart was pumping.

 

So out of the male box came “Wynn” and out of the female box came “Unni”. I could tell that Unni was terrible disgusted that Wynn was not one of the very good-looking ones! They went up to the table where they where given their rings and then signed the paper. They took their seats, and Unni’s face was far from happy. Next were Gavin and Qurma. Then Ethan and Wylie. Then Lane and Blinda. Then Tyrone and Lexy. Then Quency and Phebe. The Kyle and Randy. Then Donald and Evonne. Then Neville and Tammie. Then Calab and Havanna. By this stage an hour had passed and refreshments where to be had. However I couldn’t eat. After fifteen minutets it began again. Alex was called out, then Darcy’s name was called. Xenia and I looked ant Darcy. She nodded and moved to the table. Alex was quite good looking and looked as though he could be some fun. If that was the case they would be well fitted. Next came Xander and Iva, Omar and Fayth, Ignacio and Olivia, Ryder and Mandisa, Umberto and Yumiko, Solomon and Gabby, Vance and Caitlin. Was I glad to see Vance go? Yes, indeed I was. There were not many of us now. Zane and Naimah were called next. Then Maddox, a really good-looking guy, and Xenia. I heard her take a deep breath and walk up to the table. I hoped for her sake that Maddox would be as good to and for her as he looked. Yosef and Sioned were called, Fred and Vyvyan, Bobby and Jacki, Jack and Zoey! I jumped! My heart was pumping so much I was afread that I would not be able to walk at all! I looked over to see what Jack looked like and I was glad to see that he was one of the most handsome young man I had ever seen. Slowly I got up and on jelly legs walked over to the table. Jack and I exchanged glances, and when I seen him looking at me my heart nearly stopped beating altogether! He was so handsome I would not be able to even speak to him!! We were given our rings, they were a perfect fit because we all had been tried for fit yesterday. I signed my name; ‘Zoey Fitzgerald’ and he signed his, ‘Jack McCann’. So that would be my name now, McCann, Zoey McCann. We were told to take our seats and I sat down in front of Alex, Darcy’s now husband. Darcy was defiantly not shy for her and Alex were chatting away like mad men behind me. Maddox and Xenia were behind Darcy. The rest of the names were called out. I didn’t know who was matched with whom because I was too busy wondering what my life would be like now.

 

Everyone was now matched. We were aloud to have another break, “to get to know each other,” the man had said. Darcy was still talking to Alex and Alex was laughing and returning jokes. They definitely were a good pair. Jack and my self sat quite. It was so awkward! Xenia and Maddox exchanged a few words. Darcy was the one who got the boat rolling in the end! Her and Alex had been talking about how they had been contacted.

 

“I was told that if I didn’t agree I could face up to eight years in jail and a huge fine!” Alex said. “That’s what they told these two too.” He pointed to Jack and Maddox. I half turned around and so did Jack. Alex and Darcy sat sideways on their chairs so that we created a little circle. It seemed that Jack, Alex and Maddox had gotten to know each other very well too while we were waiting for today to came.

 

“Really?” Was Darcy’s reply. “We were told that if we didn’t do this then our names would not be allowed to be reregistered in marriage!” I noticed Jack’s eyebrows rise in shock. “But Xenia said that if we didn’t like who we were married to we cold divorcé them!” Alex laughed and Maddox smiled! Darcy went on, and I dreaded what she was going to come out with next! “But, you know this girl here, Zoey? (She pointed to me, and I looked at her, with questionable eyes, and everyone looked at me) Well she then said that if we did divorcé then we would not be able to marry again, because we are Christians and we do not believe in marriage after divorce.” Then she taped Jack on his arm, “So I would watch out, she might kill you so that she could marry again!”

 

“DARCY!!” I exclaimed in shock and horror! She laughed. Jack was smiling, but I could have died! What an idiot was Darcy! Alex was in stitches!

 

“Na, I’m only joking, Jack.” She said trying to amend things. “Zoey wouldn’t hurt an ant! She wouldn’t have the courage to!”

 

“Darcy, I think you better shut up now!” Xenia said with a slight smile on her face. Alex spoke then.

 

“Anyway, I must thank you, Zoey. I had completely forgotten Darcy’s name.” Jack and Maddox laughed!

 

“Trust you!” Maddox said.

 

“Well I knew it was a boys name, but …”

 

“Excuse me!” interrupted Darcy. “If mine is a boys name then yours is a girls name!” we all laughed at that one.

 

“She has a point!” Jack told Alex, and he lifted up his hands in defeat!

We talked generally then. Maddox was from south Wales, in Cardiff. He was tall, about a head and a half taller that Xenia. He loved rugby and a lovely Welsh accent. Alex was from Canada; he had tanned skin and was a little bit taller than Darcy. Both he and Maddox were twenty-three. Jack was very handsome. He was from Australia, not that far from where Darcy was from. He had dark hair, tanned skin and gorgeous brown eyes. He was very modest, and he was, like me, the baby of the group being twenty-one. All three of them were also Christians. God had truly answered prayer for us, in getting us married to fellow Christians.

 

After about an hour passed we were called on to be quiet again. This was the time for us to choose where we wanted to live. As I said above we could not chose somewhere were either of us came from. We where allowed some time to discuss with each other where we would like to go.

 

“Do you all want to try and get the same place?” Jack asked us all!

 

“Aw yea, lets, please!” Darcy answered.

 

“Right so it cant be Ireland, Wales, Australia, Canada or Russia.” Stated Xenia.

 

“I don’t really want it to be anywhere where they don’t speak English!” I said, because I was terrible with languages.

 

“What about New Zealand? They speak English and none of us come from there?” Maddox asked.

 

“Yea, I don’t mind.” Xenia said.

 

“Nor me,” Darcy and I said at the same time.

 

“That’s settled then. We all have agreed. Lets hope no one else want to go to New Zealand.” Jack said.

 

With that agreed we went to tell the man our decision. He was happy enough with it and he then gave each couple an envelope. Inside our envelope were a key, two tickets to New Zealand, and a receipt for a room in a hotel, near the airport. There were also directions to get to our house, which was actually on a farm. It would be in a place called Napier. Jack seemed quite excited by the farm, so I took it that he was pretty happy with the arrangements. We then compared our envelopes with the other and we found out that we would all be in the North Island, however Jack’s and my farm would be further away from the other two, as their would be quite close to each other in another place called Paihai.

 

We had to go by taxi to the hotel. All six of us where in the same hotel. We agreed to meet at half past six in the morning to have breakfast before our taxis coming to take us to the airport.

 

I still felt awkward with Jack and he must have felt I little awkward too, because he was quiet. We didn’t waste any time because it had been a long tiring day and we had to get up early, so we went to bed. It took me a while to finely fall asleep, but I was so tired I didn’t even dream!

 

The next thing I knew was Jack moving around in the room. I opened my eyes and sat up in bed. Jack looked over to me.

 

“Sorry, did I waken you?” he asked. I yawned, and looked at the clock that was on the locker next to the bed. It was quarter to six I shook my head.

 

“I should be getting up now anyway.” I told him. He nodded. I got out of bed and collected my clothes and went to have my shower. I was relieved once I got to the bathroom, for I was really stuck for things to say. When I came out again, dressed in a knee length dress, and boots, Jack had tidied the room and had our stuff piled up ready for the taxi. At least he is practical, I told myself. I put my wash things and my pyjamas in my bag. It was now twenty-five past six.

 

“We better head down to the diner.” Jack said, I nodded and he held the door open for me to pass through. We walked down together no saying a word and entered the diner. The other weren’t there yet so we picked a table to one side. We sat down, opposite each other. Jack then started a conversation. He asked me about my life in Ireland and told me about Australia. I was actually quite easy to talk to him about Ireland, perhaps because I knew my country so well and was so proud of it.

 

About five minutes later Xenia and Maddox came in. they were talking to each other and looked as though they where looking for us. Maddox finally spotted us and they came over to us smiling.

 

“We couldn’t see you for a while,” Xenia exclaimed, with a smile. She looked so pretty today in her casual jacket and high shoes. I smiled back at her. The boys started talking, as did Xenia and I. Finally the other two showed up, seven minutes late! Darcy was wearing a deimin skirt with a hoody, that I have a funny feeling belonged to Alex, for it was far too big for her. They came to our table laughing.

 

“What’s so funny?” Jack asked, amused.

 

“Man, we are so late!” Darcy laughed.

 

“Both of us slept through the alarm clock!” Alex filled in.

 

“You idiots,” I replied. It was just like Darcy to sleep through an alarm.

 

“We didn’t get up till twenty-five past!” Darcy said, still giggling. “And we just had to chuck anything on!” We all laughed at them, then ordered our breakfast as out taxi should be arriving at quarter past seven. All of a sudden Darcy bust out laughing again!

 

“What now?” Xenia asked!

 

“I was just thinking, know Yumiko? The Chinese girl?” we nodded. “Well, you know she only ever got excited when we talked about food or cooking?” Xenia and I nodded again, they boys just looked at her, waiting for her to go on. “She got the right boy!”

 

“What?” I asked, confused.

 

“You know what boy she got?”

 

“No!” Both Xenia and me replied!

 

“Aw I know!” Alex said, excitedly! “It was Umberto, that big guy!” he laughed.

 

“ Exactly!” Darcy said. “Well, she will be excited all the time now, I’m sure food will be their main chat up line!” I rolled my eyes and shook my head, as Alex and Darcy laughed at the lame joke.

 

“What are you two not like?” Asked Maddox.

 

“We just have a sense of humour, something that you four don’t seem to have.” Replied Darcy. “Do you know what? Alex Gilbert, I do believe that I am falling in love with you?” She leaned over and kissed him. He looked ever so chuffed with himself and kissed her back. We were all laughing now, we must have suddenly got our sense of humour back!

 

The taxis had now arrived and we rushed to our rooms to get our bags, which weren’t really that many. I went to carry my bag, but Jack insisted he would carry it and for me to lock the room. He gave me the key and a little smile. My heart flipped! I looked at his as he went down the hallway; he was so handsome, would I ever be comfortable around him?

 

Out side there was three taxis. One taxi man called, “Mr and Mrs Gilbert?”

 

“That’s us!” Cried Darcy, ever so excited. She game Xenia and I a quick hug and then said, “See you at the airport!” And off they went into the back of the taxi.

 

“Mr and Mrs Shilling?” Asked the second Taxi driver. Xenia and I hugged and off they went too.

 

The last taxi driver came over to Jack and I and said, “Then you must be Mr and Mrs McCann?”

 

“We are!” Jack said and he and the taxi driver put our bags into the boot. Jack opened the door for me and gave me another charming smile and he go in beside me. Again my heart flipped! We where quite for a while and then he asked me about my family. I am sure he would have noticed how nervous I was because I was stuttering all the time as I told him about my family. There wasn’t really much to tell, but he showed sympathy when I said about my parent having died. He told me about his family too. His mother had died when he was born and his father really had no idea how to bring up a child so he had given Jack to his wife’s parents to look after. So Jack had grown up with his grandparents not seeing much of his father. About five years ago his grandfather died and about two years ago his grandmother died. He had been on his own ever sense, working in the grocery shop his grandparents had owned. I could tell that he had been very fond of his grandparents.

 

By the time we had finished talking about our families we had reached the airport. The other two pairs where outside waiting on us. Xenia and Maddox seemed to be getting on well and I could tell that they could talk to each other easily. I wished I could talk to Jack in the same way. But I always felt awkward when talking to him. We went into the airport and checked in out bags. We where at London Heathrow airport. The flight would have to stages. First of all we would have a six hour and forty minute flight to Dubai in about two hours time. Then we would have a connection flight to Auckland, New Zealand, which would take a huge eighteen hours and thirty-five minutes. I was dreading it. What on earth would we do for about twenty-five and a half hours on a plane? Well I guess we would get to know each other very well anyway!

 

So we where boarding out plane to Dubai. It was a huge plane with three columns of two seaters. The six of us chose to sit in one row. I was in the inside on the right by the window. Jack let me choose, because he said that he didn’t mind flying, well neither did I but I chose to sit by the window. The flight started. There was excellent service, but I was too tired and I could feel myself falling to sleep. I don’t know how long I was asleep but when I awoke I realised that my head must have slipped and I was leaning on Jack’s shoulder. I was so embarrassed! 

 

“I’m sorry,” I stuttered out.

 

“You’re alright!” He said, smiling. “Did you have a good sleep?”

 

“It was alright,” I answered. “How long was I sleeping for?” I then asked, wondering how much of this part of the flight was left. Jack looked at his watch.

 

“Em … about two hours!” It was that long? It must be lunch time soon for I was very hungry. Just as I thought that an announcement was made through the loud speaker, saying that the lunch trolley would be coming through now.  I hoped that they would have a nice selection.

 

An airhostess came along and gave every set of two a lunch menu and then started taking orders. Jack put the menu between both of us so I could choose too.

 

“What do you fancy?” He asked me after a few seconds looking.

 

“Something hot!” I answered, shivering a little. “That hot chicken pennine sounds nice!”

 

“Em it does. I might have that as well!”  Jack said. The airhostess came to us to take our order. “Can we have two of the hot chicken pennine’s please?”

 

So after a while our pennine’s came and they where delicious. I have to admit I didn’t feel so awkward with Jack anymore. He was nice, kind and rather fun too.

 

At last we arrived in Dubai. We would have a forty-five minute wait before our final flight to Auckland. We dandered around the shops in their airport and then our flight were called. We boarded the plane, which was similar to the other plane. The seats where comfy but I was sure that by the end of out eighteen and a half hour flight I would not be calling them comfy. Again Jack let me sit by the window! I loved looking out, even though at times all I could see was clouds. Sometimes Jack would lean over to look out to. He pointed out some interesting sights that I had no idea even existed. As the time went on, I felt more and more at ease with Jack. I even let myself laugh at some of the things he was saying. I love his laugh and his smile. Darcy and Alex where in deep conversation and I think it was best not to know what about! Xenia and Maddox were also holding a quite intense conversation and at one stage they were actually holding hands!!

 

A couple of hours passed and I really needed to get up and walk about! Jack noticed my fidgetiness and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk! I jumped at the offer and off we went to walk up and down the isles! We met a few other people who had the same idea as us. We walked side by side chatting as we did. Suddenly the plane took a sudden jerk and I nearly fell into some woman in her seat, but Jack caught me just in time!

 

“Are you alright?” He asked, looking concerned. I could do nothing but nod. Jack kept his arm around me until we got back to our seats, and I have to admit that it actually felt nice! My heart was pounding again when I sat down, and as Jack asked me again if I was sure I was all right! Xenia then asked what had happened and Jack told her that I had nearly fell we the plane took that sudden jerk! She and Darcy then proceeded to ask me if I was hurt and I had to repeat over and over that I was fine! I didn’t know that so many people cared so much for me, even when I didn’t actually fall, just nearly fell! It was quite nice to know that they did care that much for me, for now I knew that they where my true friends!

 

The dinner trolley came around not long after that incident. We had dinner and then all six of us had a chat! At about nine o’clock, when we had been on the plane for about eight hours we decided to see if we could pass the time sleeping. In this plane we could put the seats back and I made sure that I leant my head against the window this time! It didn’t take me long to fall asleep, with the drone of the engine and the quite chitter chatter going on in the background. I must have slept for ages again for I was awoken up by Jack telling me that we where forty-five minutes away from landing! I couldn’t believe it was so soon!

 

“Hey sleepy head!” Darcy teased!

 

“How long have you lot been awake then?” I asked her.

 

“I’ve been awake for an hour and then these lot started waking up after that! Alex here has only been awake for about five minutes so don’t be to embarrassed!”  She answered!

 

“Oh I’m not embarrassed!” I corrected her. “Who on earth would I be embarrassed?”

 

“Oh I don’t know, you just might have been, besides you have gone awful red … and now that I have said that you have gone redder!” Darcy laughed.

 

“Aw shut up Darcy! It’s an Irish thing to go red, ahem!” They all laughed at my lame excuse!

 

The forty-five minute passed really slowly! They just dragged! But finely they were over. And we landed in Auckland, New Zealand. Here it was daylight. When we collected our bags it was time for Jack and I to go to the train station to catch our train to Napier while the others would be catching another train to Paihai. I wished we would not be so far apart from each other, but there was nothing we could do about it. I hugged Darcy and Xenia for a long time, and I couldn’t help but cry. I was really going to miss them so much. We exchanged address so that we could write to each other when we got settled, and then we promised to see each other again. The boys all shook hands and then hugged each other too! Alex and Maddox gave me a hug too, which I thought was rather touching! We had all grown close as a group of friends and I was going to miss Alex and Maddox as well as the two girls.

 

Jack and my train was the first to come. I hugged the girls again and then we boarded the train. Jack helped me up, as there was a huge step up, which I thought was weird. I still had tears in my eyes when we sat down and Jack must have seen them for he offered me a tissue and squeezed my hand and asked me if I was ok. I nodded, as my pulse sped up and down my body with the feel of his hand on mine. Why was I feeling like this? I had never felt like this before.

The train journey was long, but I was glad that there were not many stops because that meant that the train was able to move at a faster speed. I was intrigued at the sights that we passed. I couldn’t keep my eyes off the window.

 

“Have you ever been here?” I eventually plucked up my courage to ask Jack.

 

“I’ve been to Auckland once before but that was when I was a kid, I can’t really remember what it was like, to be honest. I went there with my Grandparents to visit my grandfathers sister, I think.” Was his answer.

 

After a couple of hours we came to the station where we where to get off at. This was the station of Napier. To me it looked beautiful! The porter took out bags of Jack, and Jack helped me off the train. Jack then asked the porter how to get to our farm that was called Bluff Hill Farm! I loved the name already! The porter showed us the directions! We would be able to walk to it, about twenty minutes away. Jack carried both our bags and I felt rather bad, because I wasn’t carrying anything at all. We fallowed the porter’s instructions and finally we reached the farm.

 

It was quite a big farm. There were fields to grow things and barns and sheds. It all looked so exciting. But the house was a dream! It was not too big and not too small. One side of it was covered by ivy. There was a huge garden, which had plenty of trees and flower patches. One side looked like an area to grow vegetables. The best bit of the garden was the little stream and a little hump bridge, which one must cross to get to the house. There was also, further down stepping-stones! It was beautiful! I could not believe that this was going to be MY house, MY garden and most of all, MY stream. I loved it.

 

All this time Jack had been watching me with a smile on his face. “You like it?” he asked with a twinkle in his eye.

 

“Like it? I love it!” Was my ready reply! He laughed! We went into he house then. It was fantastic! It was all furnished. The kitchen was huge; in the middle there was a farm table, massive! There was also a fireplace, and I feel in love with it immediately. There was plenty of cupboard space and shelves. The shelves were filled already with cups, plates, utensils, pans, everything! The floor was tiled. Off from the kitchen was a pantry. In here was filled with cans and tins of food, along with what looked like a huge freezer, which was filled with frozen meat. Then you came into the hall. This was massive; it had another door, which led into the living room/den and then huge wooden stairway! The living room/den was also huge. There was a fireplace in here too and a huge bay window. The seats and sofa was ever so farmy looking with animal cushions! The floor was also tiled, it was so lovely! When you went up stairs there was four rooms and a bathroom. The rooms where all good sized and one of the rooms was decorated like a child’s nursery. I loved the house so much.

 

I think that Jack could feel my excitement and I think that he loved the house too. We then went out to see the actual farm. While we where going around it a man in a tractor came to us. He was a typical looking farmer, big and strong looking!

 

“McCann yes?” he asked.

 

“Yes, Jack’s the name, and my wife, Zoey?” My heart flipped when he said that!

 

“Howde?” the farmed asked and he nodded to me. “I’m Duffy, from the farm next to yours! I have some animals, crop seed and machinery of yours. Was asked to fetch them for ya!” Jack and I looked at him with blank faces!

 

“We weren’t aware of that, but thanks very much, do we owe you?” Jack asked.

 

“Na, all been paid already. I’ll get me lads to bring them over here tomorrow for ya if that’s no problem?”

 

“No, that will be great thanks!” and with the Duffy was away again in his tractor! Jack and I just looked at each other.

 

He smiled at me and my heart never beat so much before. He put it arm around me and we both walked to the house. I now know why I was feeling that this. I was in love with Jack and I believe that he is in love with me too!

 

THE END

© 2014 Grace


Author's Note

Grace
Ignore grammar and spelling issues. tell me what you think. I dont know if this works.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014
Tags: Romance, Weird, Fiction, Humour

Author

Grace
Grace

Cardiff, South Wales, United Kingdom



About
Hello, my name is Grace, I have just turned 21. I have been writing on and off for about four years. I have completed one book, containing of 3 parts. I have begun another but have not been edited or .. more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Grace


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Grace


chapter three chapter three

A Chapter by Grace