The Stars Align

The Stars Align

A Story by alivia
"

a short story written for my creative writing class. the colors mashed together to make art no one has ever seen, but him.

"
A painter once went outside to take a look at the stars like he has every night, but one night was different than all the rest. When he looked up at the blackish blue sky he noticed all the stars aligned. The painter, unknown, quickly went inside to get his canvas and paints along with brushes. His pace was as quick as he could make it because he knew the night sky would soon fade away. When he painted, the brush flowed over the canvas, letting every line that was there be shown. The artist was nearly finished with the lines connecting all the stars, but when he was just about to color the background the stars burst. All the yellowish light that made each glowing ball shine flew everywhere in the sky. The night was brighter than anything, the sky was no longer dark, yet instead, it was the brightest gold ever seen. The astonished painter could not believe what he was seeing. His brush went all over the canvas with haste, painting every color visible. This painting is now displayed in many places. It travels to different galleries frequently and is thought to be a heaven that has been seen only by the painter.

© 2016 alivia


Author's Note

alivia
feedback would be lovely.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 16, 2016
Tags: short story, fiction, night, stars, free verse, painting

Author

alivia
alivia

WA



About
15 poet fiction romance more..

Writing
siblings. siblings.

A Poem by alivia


lost love lost love

A Poem by alivia