Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lord Nichols
"

Albert was surprised as hell that he had been murdered that day. Very surprised...

"

Albert had sent out for pizzas earlier. He was in the mood to celebrate his new promotion with his girlfriends, Diana and Christine, in his new 13th floor apartment. As the new CEO, he had cut no expense to impress his two favorite secretaries.

Albert had pulled a few strings to get the job, but that was just business. Anyone else could have done the same. The former CEO, Bill, thought he must have been dreaming when Diana and Christine flirted with him at the bar, drunk and frisky. He was just having a little fun, that was all.

He didnt know about the webcams they had hidden around the room. He didnt know that they were helping Albert set him up. He was surprised as hell, when he went in to work that day and lost his job to Al. Very surprised.

Albert was never going to forget that look on his face. He was never going to forget that day as long as he lived. The shock in Bill's eyes. He thought of that image as a trophy. An award that he earned on his climb to the top.

Yes, Bill was surprised when he lost his job. Almost as surprised as Al was when he opened the door and saw a tall robed figure standing there. He didnt see his face. It was covered by the hood. The black robe covered all of his features in fact, very well. But Albert could tell the stranger before him was very strong as it picked him up like a toy and tossed him off the balcony of his new apartment.

He stood beside him and saw the figure toss him off the balcony. He looked over the edge and watched his own body hit the concrete below. He heard the girls scream and run out of the apartment.

He couldnt look away as he saw the blood streaming from his head below. He could tell that the reaper was leaving, but he couldnt look away just yet.

As the reaper walked thtough the door, Albert called to him. "Why? Why me?"

The reaper disappeared into the hall as Albert watched him leave. He couldnt leave the room to see where the reaper had gone. He couldnt turn on the TV and see if his death had made the news. He was trapped in his new apartment forever.

Cops came after a while to dust the room and check for clues, but they couldnt see him or hear him. He heard them talking amongst themselves. They didnt know who had done it and he couldnt tell them. No one even knew he was there.

They called his murder a suicide and took some pictures of the place. Eventually, they left him alone in his new apartment. They roped off the room and sealed the door, but he thought there was no need as he could not leave anyway.

Albert sat on the balcony all evening, staring at the stars. He wondered who would have done such a thing to him. He was just having a little fun, that was all.

Albert was surprised as hell that he had been murdered that day. Very surprised...

 

 



© 2010 Lord Nichols


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on November 29, 2010
Tags: horror, gothic, fantasy, crime, mystery, reaper


Author

Lord Nichols
Lord Nichols

Lexington, NC



About
Published Author at amazon kindle, and lulu. poet at AllPoetry and poetry.com. Baron of Sealand, Lord of Scotland, Lord Knight of the First Order, Master of Dungeons, Doctor of Divinity, Ordained Mi.. more..

Writing