19 April 2015

19 April 2015

A Poem by Megan Lynn Tocci
"

2:38 a.m.

"

2:38 a.m.


The ceiling has been my silent confidante for the past four hours.

There’s a pressure in my chest and it reminds me of all the languages I cannot speak and all the things I haven’t done.


I want to run outside until my legs burn with rough prairie grass and scream my name at the constellations above so they remember how often I was forgotten.


My entire existence lives in an image that can’t be conjured up.

I’m a combination of vowels and consonants with letters missing.


And when the Sun rises tomorrow,

I will not be anyone’s first thought.




( m e g )

© 2018 Megan Lynn Tocci


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it makes me think of the significance of the date and time, while reading the poem that is when i understand why it has a title like that.in hours of solitude and sleepless nights are the hours that we can really think why life is turning up like that. a good piece of work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You are a most powerful force, and it is raging in everything I have read thus far. This is poetry at its finest in my book!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2018
Last Updated on March 12, 2018
Tags: megan lynn, meg, poetry, typewriter, poets, prose, summer

Author

Megan Lynn Tocci
Megan Lynn Tocci

Boulder, CO



About
2018 Bachelor of Arts: Political Science with a History minor. 2017 UNCO Bookstore Contest Short Story Winner. 2014 National Scholastic Writing Awards Silver Medalist. 2014 Denver Women's Press Cl.. more..

Writing