The Institution

The Institution

A Story by Jules

Your eyes flicker open as you come around. You are strapped down to a medical cot, immobile. Your face, once stolid and emotionless, is now flush with fear and anxiety. You gaze around the room, attempting to identify your whereabouts. You realize that you are trapped and attempt futile liberations from the bondages of your entrapment. You cry and yell for help, while I maniacally chuckle at your struggles.  Before long, you accept the fact that your screams are silent to the outside world. You are left to lie there, weak and vulnerable. I find it jovial that you honestly believed you had a chance of escaping my institution.  No one has ever escaped, a fact I intend to keep.

The mere deed of abducting my victims has become a perfunctory activity, for I have put my minions through vigorous training.  I have my methods down to a science. My dictum here is obvious, and I won’t have anyone persuading me against my desire. It would take a heavy sedative to compel me to tell my secrets, a sedative among the likes of which I use to ensnare my victims in the initial process. Once I have you detained, you are my pantomime, my puppet.  You will no longer control your mind. 

I see the doctor enter your cell. You recognize him, and your countenance morphs from anxious to fearful. After all, it was he who performed your various tests previously.  Your eyes reveal that the doctor is now an odious character to you. If it were possible to cower in fear, you would. Instead, you are condensed to struggling against the stratum of bindings restraining your body. Even though you were anesthetized throughout the majority of the earlier tests, the sight of the doctor brings back the memories of being narcotized.  It is obvious to me that he is distressing you. However, his purpose now is to observe your current physical condition, for certain prisoners don’t make it this far in the process.

Those who fail to survive are deposited in my mausoleum where their corpses are left to rot. What else am I supposed to with those for which I have no further purpose?  Besides, it’s not like I dump them down a harsh torrent just to wind up at the bottom of some deadly cataract. Then, their corpse might wash ashore for a wandering pedestrian to find, leading to the unwanted exposure of my institution.

I turn my attention back to the doctor, he is muttering medical jargon as he records observations on his clipboard. He appears to be quite bothered by your struggles and threatens to call for the wardens to restrain you. This seems to work, for the moment at least. The doctor proceeds to explain that you meet all the qualifications for your next operation. You are concerned with this, and begin to cry out in despair once again. He attempts to calm you, but to no avail. This causes him to make the call on his pager, alerting the entire institution of the current situation. Sirens go off, and you can hear the bustling of staff treading down the outside corridor. Three wardens and two nurses rush in the room, and you are injected with a syringe. The cacophony fades, the lights dim, and you drift into a heavy slumber. 

…To be continued…

© 2012 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting...I will assume this was another english assignment? Cause you used a lot of big words! A cookie to you for vocab....it's very suspensful and slightly insane...its got a good mood to it I suppose...Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jules

11 Years Ago

Yeah it was for English but I ended up having a lot of fun writing it...love this genre. Will probab.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2012
Last Updated on October 28, 2012

Author

Jules
Jules

FL



About
I like ghost stories, 80s music, fashion, musicals, owls, and writing. I hope you like my writing! more..

Writing
English writing English writing

A Story by Jules


The Inheritance The Inheritance

A Story by Jules


Wonderstruck Wonderstruck

A Story by Jules