Straight Ahead

Straight Ahead

A Poem by Mark Edward

There I stood yet again, as had so many other men.

One veered left while the other right, sun setting at the west and to the east the start of night.

Yet still there I stood in that lonely twilight, oddly enough to my own delight.

After the light of the sun had faded away, I began to contemplate my long and weary day.

The road had been so long and bumpy, but still my outlook hadn’t been grumpy.

I gathered my tender and various fuels then pulled out all my cooking tools.

I had been taught by the very best, though somehow I was still unimpressed.

Now as I began to clean a feeling of anger overwhelmed me they only wanted to help, why couldn’t I see.

I began to wonder had I done all my daily tasks, but sadly found myself with none to ask.

With my head on the ground and my eyes a gaze, everything turned to a blurry haze.

Suddenly the sunlight glistened over me, and it was a bright new day I could surely see.

But there was something I hadn’t noticed before, the mountain that was knocking on heaven’s door.

So off I went but not left or right, rather straight ahead to that glorious sight.

© 2013 Mark Edward


Author's Note

Mark Edward
Any comments suggestions questions or criticisms would be appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: Life, religion, scouts, camping, outdoors, hiking, mountaineering, cooking, thinking

Author

Mark Edward
Mark Edward

VA



About
Very new at writing just do it to unwind, my english professor really got me into it. I'd love to know what you all think of my writings more..