Grey Whale Watching in Baja

Grey Whale Watching in Baja

A Book by Gray Whale
"

Whale watching, as the name suggests, is a great way to experience marine life up so close and personal.

"

No Chapters


© 2018 Gray Whale


Author's Note

Gray Whale

Whale watching, as the name suggests, is a great way to experience marine life up so close and personal. And there is no better place for grey whale watching than in Baja. The oceans of Baja have the most variety and high concentration of marine mammals throughout the year. This place has numerous lagoons and sanctuaries where a range of species of whale come to mate and give birth to their calves. One of the important facts about grey whales is they make one of the interminable migrations of any mammal as they travel ten thousand mile round trip! Indeed, it’s one of the most fascinating wildlife migrations on the planet. Additionally, more than twenty species of whales are known to visit the Baja peninsula all around the year.



Those who have a keen interest in marine life mammals, especially grey whale watching, can join a guided whale watching tour with experienced crew on board. The grey whales get the limelight along the California coast, however, other belugas, including humpbacks, dolphins, orcas, and majestic blue whales, can be seen around different times of the year. In February, you can find many calm and curious whales along with their infants in Baja.



Grey Whales are known for their inquisitiveness towards boats and are the cynosure of whale watching and eco tourism along the southern fragment of their migration. The most phenomenal wildlife rendezvous on the planet is to visit Baja peninsula to encounter forty ton grey whales and their offspring. Usually, mother whales shove their few days old calves up to the boats, they rasp against the hulls, and in a few cases even come close enough to be caressed on the nose.



Baja’s popularity comes not just due to its incredible wildlife, but because of the nearness of it. Baja is probably the only place in the globe where whales are practically assured to approach tourist boats and sometimes, they would swim so near that tourists can almost touch them.



Those who wish to watch grey whales in Baja can stay at the ‘whale cabanas’ on the preserved bays of San Ignacio Lagoon, scammon’s lagoon or Magdalena bay. Tourists can delve into the lagoon in small boats and can whiz at the prodigious grey whales. The thought of getting that close to these marvelous gentle giants along with the baby is indeed a mind blowing experience you will never forget!



If you wish to take this grey whale watching trip, it can indeed be the trip of a lifetime and you get to experience everything the Baja peninsula has to offer.



NOTE:

For more information, please call us at 562-889-4016 also email: [email protected]

Please Visit us : http://www.greywhale.com

Article Source : https://medium.com/@greywhale/grey-whale-watching-in-baja-8ff96dd24138

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on January 22, 2018
Last Updated on January 22, 2018
Tags: Whale, Whales, Whale Watching, Grey Whale Watching, Whale Watching in Baja

Author

Gray Whale
Gray Whale

Surprise, AZ



About
The best exciting whale watching in Baja California, Mexico. Greywhale.com provides an ultimate and exciting whale watching experience with Grey and Blue Whale in their natural environment. The Grey W.. more..

Writing