Greed

Greed

A Story by souldude
"

A greedy man meets his end, at the hands of his own greed.

"
The blast was louder than he expected. It only took the dust five minutes to settle, but to Jordan, it may as well have been five hours. "God damned Pharaohs, if they weren't so materialistic I wouldn't have to go through all this work." He punched the stone wall hard enough to make his knuckles bleed. He had always loved exploring, especially the pyramids. He was in a Pyramid now. One belonging to an unnamed king. Egypt had always fascinated him, especially the Pharaohs. The only thing that bothered him about them was their fascination with cats. He had a deep running grudge with cats, ever since he watched Morgan, one of his childhood best friends get mauled and devoured by a lioness in the Congo six months ago. He leaned against the wall, and lit a cigarette, trembling from the thoughts of Morgan.
"Boss!" shouted Sean, from the other side of the entrance hall. "Dere's sumpin ova hyeah I t'ink ya should see"
"Sean!" hollered Jordan. "DON'T YOU TOUCH TH-", and the rest of his sentence was drowned out by the sound of Sean screaming as an explosion ripped his body to shreds, sending an arm sailing through the air to land with a sickening crunch at Jordan's feet. Jordan retched, the contents of his lunch evacuating his body. There was a sound of boots thudding quickly on the stone floor as Chazz came running back in to the entrance hall, having gone ahead to loot some of the other rooms. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?" he yelled, at the top of his lungs. He saw Sean's now bodiless arm lying at Jordan's feet, next to a pool of vomit, and screamed. He looked solemnly at Jordan, and with a tear in his eye, said "Jordy...he's the third one this year," he let out a sob "We need to have some experienced people come with us. No more young'ns."
Jordan then replied "Yeah..I know, man." tears dropping from his eyes." He took another drag from his cigarette, and threw it on the ground and put it out with his heel. "We need to get this 'Globe' the natives talk of. We aren't even supposed to be in this Pyramid"
"But Jordy...what about his body?" Chad asked, sobbing again.
"We should try to salvage it...but it's just an arm left. No use." Jordan replied sadly. They walked down the hallway towards the room with their artifact in it. Jordan though to himself as he walked, "Is it me, or is the temperature slowly rising?". By the time they got to the room, Jordan knew he wasn't hallucinating. The temperature on his thermometer said 103 degrees. It had only been 73 in the entrance hall. He shrugged off his jacket and looked at the pedestal in the center of the room. There, floating about a foot above it was a glass ball, full of orange. It looked like fire, hell, it might have been. Chazz had also taken his jacket off, and was sweating profusely. "J-jordy, are you s-s-sure we should t-take this th-thing?" Jordan's eyes were full of greed and lust as he stared at the globe, unable to take his eyes off it. "Stop being a whiny little b***h, and guard the doorway. I'm sure you found some weapons in the other rooms you looted, you selfish b*****d." Sweat flowed of his brow. "Niagra Falls" he thought, briefly. He slowly reached out for the globe, his hand trembling with anticipation of the sixteen million he would receive for recovering this artifact. He was a corrupt man, but corrupt men are Celebrities on the black market, so for him it was worth sixteen million, or more. The second his fingertips brushed the orb, his whole body was slammed with the searing agony. All five senses were affected. A bright white light filled the room, burning his retinas, melting his eyes. He couldn't see. The lowest pitched buzz he'd ever heard immediately began reverberating in his ears, and chest. He felt blood drip out of his ears from his shattered eardrums. "How can i hear? My eardrums have been ruptured, I should be rendered deaf...but I can still hear." Every single nerve in his body was lit up like the fourth of July, burning with heat unimaginable by either you or I, or anybody who hasn't felt it before. As soon as the sound appeared, he clenched his teeth, and bit off half of his tongue. Tasting blood, and burning flesh he began to cry. The stench of his flesh and hair being slowly incinerated was the worst stench he'd ever smelled. He slowly began to remember the warning given by the Natives. They had said that only a purehearted individual could grab the orb. He had shaken that off, saying "All just superstition". He felt his skin begin to shrivel, and knew he was going to die. But he was a determined man, so he wrapped his hand around the globe. It fit in the palm of his hand, being only 4 inches in diameter. Every feeling he was feeling, hearing, seeing, smelling, and tasting was increased twenty-fold when he wrapped his hand around the orb. The last thing he heard before his soul left his body to return to the void, was the sound of Chazz's agonized scream as he went through the same torture as Jordan. He cried as his soul returned to the void, listening to his best friend Seventh Grade crying and screaming in agony. Everything went black, as his body was vaporized and his soul officially returned to void in which it was spawned.

© 2011 souldude


Author's Note

souldude
Please be 100% honest. If it sucks, tell me. Be honest about how good or bad it is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is really good! :) and sadie thought it said the n****r falls and that it didn't help that under it was "the sixteen million he would receive"
MANDA: I was confused at if they killed the body or they found it dead... hmmm :/
PS I tried to put 96.69 but it wouldnt let me :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The natives did warned him. Those kinds of warnongs are not meant to be ingored. Great story. Needs a bit of a touch up, but great story nonetheless.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

He um...died. I spose i could do one of his exploration of congo or whatever

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it, some grammar mistakes, but thats nothing.
The detail and description was very good, sounds like something I'd read:)
Is there going to be another chapter?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is really good! :) and sadie thought it said the n****r falls and that it didn't help that under it was "the sixteen million he would receive"
MANDA: I was confused at if they killed the body or they found it dead... hmmm :/
PS I tried to put 96.69 but it wouldnt let me :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011

Author

souldude
souldude

Apple Valley, MN



About
I love creative writing. It's something I highly enjoy more..

Writing
A parasite A parasite

A Poem by souldude