Gone Memories

Gone Memories

A Story by Grim
"

A little story about an old soldier cursed to live alone without any memories, being nobody.

"
It was one of those grey mornings. He woke up in his warm bed and took a deep breath. He had the feeling that lately he's been missing exactly that vital air. He slowly raised his head and put his feet on the cold ground.
He stood up and headed to the closest window through which he was able to see the city. His steps were staying on the marble and the cold was sinking quickly into his blood.
Outside it was raining. The city was sleeping deeply under the heavy dark fog of the rain. The hundreds drops of water were washing his transparent window and another million were crashing on the rocks just like the hearts of the disappointed young girls waiting for their loved one to come and save them from the anger of the nature.
Lightning split the sky. Everything in the house started shaking. The old building was singing it's scarred song and the windows were crying. He trembled. The thunder was strong enough so it could be felt with the stomache. Beautiful light lit up the black sky and everything beneath it, the day came for a second, after that everything surrender to the dark night again.
He stepped back and headed to his small room. The old wooden door creaked and the long outdated planks cried under his feet which were stepping through like tyrants. The old memories surrounded and woke up deeply inside of him, the old flavour absorbed into his clothes, the old pain found a place into his heart again.
It's been years. It's been years since the last time he felt love for the last time, in any kind. He outlived the old lady Walker, which was living down the road, he outlived his good old mother, which was taking care of him even in her last efforts, he outlived his best mate Pawel, with who he fought together for the Earth, presumably he outlived his father, which he didn't remember since he left him, he outlived her as well - Elizabeth.
He sat down on the old armchair, in which he sank, and took one of her pictures. The massive and heavy red curtain behind him was slightly opened so the grey light was falling on her face. The next lightning extirpated the darkness once again. Second later, the night was in charge all over the earth.
Memories were invading his head with the speed of a sunbeam travelling through the endless universe. His blood was boiling from the thought about her loss. The sweat drops were bursting out faster than the ones n the window.
The thunder destroyed the small windows in the old room. The acid rain begun it's destroying mission at the room as it was incinerating everything that was on it's way. Hundreds of water drops were falling on the grizzled photo as they were slowly burning it down. Hundreds of small red spots shown up on his skin as they were leaving a memory that would be forgotten as well.
The photo turned into ashes in his hand. Another dead memory in a living body working as a cage for a dead soul. He stood up untroubled by the rain which was absorbed by the dead planks on the floor, and slowly headed to his bed.
He put his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. All of the memories were disappearing again. All of them.

© 2011 Grim


Author's Note

Grim
Please point out any grammar/translating errors as the English language is not my mother language and I`m having troubles with writing and the translation.
Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good story! I enjoyed reading it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I absolutely love the ending (starting with "The thunder")! I see that the translation is going better and better every day. The thing that makes me stop and wonder is: "His steps were staying on the marble"... not really sure what that was supposed to mean. I'd say "It was raining outside", or "Outside, it was raining", though I think the first option seems better. "and another million WAS", not "were" "The old building was singing its..."

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011

Author

Grim
Grim

Bulgaria



About
A casual writer. Dreamer. Believer. Shadow. Angel. These are only a few words that could describe me. I`m a young man from Bulgaria. I love writing but my life manages to feed my consciousness w.. more..

Writing