For you- It Is

For you- It Is

A Poem by CollegeClosetPoet
"

I decide to try and write a "poetic essay" that captured the use of sound, this was my first attempt and I am surprised at how difficult it proved to be.

"
Poetry is nothing, if not merely the literal documentation of the souls journey infused with perplexing language and flat images ambiguous enough to spark something or sometimes nothing. The manipulation and stimulation of ideas to critique our understanding and relationship with our environment, our selves and our peers; for each of these relationships are distinct & intersecting identities that fuse mortal flesh to one's soul. Penetrating readers mind with hands morphing experiences and attaching emotions, carefully and intentionally into moments of desired time. A poet, surgically trained with gloves of intellect and self-reflection able to slice open and reconfigure people's conscious comprehension and perspective without said persons detecting this invasion of sacred place. The ability to charge a calloused stranger's core is an art practiced and evident- whether the conscious minds acknowledges the invasion of alternative thoughts in replacement of one's own this is something not even the wisest of men can wrestle rationally.  

© 2014 CollegeClosetPoet


Author's Note

CollegeClosetPoet
This is my first attempt and I just wanted some feedback if you are going to critique please give me "specific lines" and specific or at least not completely general suggestions of how or what to change.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

that is awesome, well put!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The only true change i would make, would be to organize the lines a bit better.
But i'm just a sophmore in high school, what do i know?
It's good, i really liked it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014
Tags: undergraduate, poetic essay, sound, attempt one, advice

Author

CollegeClosetPoet
CollegeClosetPoet

Boulder, CO



About
Sophomore College Student. Currently I am a Psychology Major with a just added Creative Writing Minor and I am also getting my Teaching Licensure for K-12. more..