SKIN

SKIN

A Poem by Sophia Gritzmacher
"

This is a vignette I wrote for my creative writing class.

"

SKIN

Everyone in my family has a different skin tone. All of our bodies consist of a distinct blend of shades. My mother, father, sister, and I surely unfold our habits and lucid dispositions through our skin. My father’s skin is like an aged pair of boots that have run their course. Wrinkles, scars, gashes, and blisters reveal the determined and diligent worker he continues to be. My skin is like Snow White’s, all rosy and pale. It’s emotional and youthful. Sensitive to light, but just starting to bloom, my skin feels so alive. Similar in complexion, my mother’s skin like soft vanilla cream. Her skin is a delicate porcelain doll, but with clear goals set in mind. My sister is unalike.  

My sister’s skin is a sun-bathing, free spirit that lives for celebration. Her radiant smile displays the caramel glow at her cheeks. Her skin is deeply dazzling for her future holds no boundaries. While the sun is scorching hot, her inked arms stretch to the sky in hopes of fulfilling her freedom.

Our skin is only a portion of our being, but it is like a book that secretly announces our identity to the world.

© 2017 Sophia Gritzmacher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on June 22, 2017
Last Updated on June 22, 2017
Tags: poetry, vignette, teen