My Dance

My Dance

A by Aoife

My senses are misty, I feel nothing. Not the wind,nor the sun, even rain, nothing. Am I sleeping? Have I died? I know not what is up nor down. My heart beats slowly, yet steadily. The rythm of the song that is still forming. A flutelike melody swirls in around me conforming to my body and its every move. The Piano dances in with the Violin, both dressed to kill. The Horn section shy at first, creeps in straying not far from the door, until the Strings beckon a dance. I stand in the middle, watching it all. They dances and swirl about me, though I'm alone, my body sways about and soon I too am dancing, alone. For the first time in my life I'm graceful, I search for a partner but none is to be found. My dance grows strong and powerful. I realize that a partner would only mask the beauty of my dance.

© 2009 Aoife


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the the way you write and the way you can create such surreal, but beutiful pictures in my mind. There is a grammar mistake though; "dances".

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2009

Author

Aoife
Aoife

OR



About
Aoife, is pronounced "ee-fa". It is Gealic for "A Great Warrior of Myth." I love to write, and would like to publish some of my works. I will be majoring in Literature, and hope to teach the beauty o.. more..

Writing
Butterfly Butterfly

A Poem by Aoife


NIght NIght

A Poem by Aoife