Moving Day for the Beagles

Moving Day for the Beagles

A Story by J Lea
"

Sophie, a little Beagle puppy, loves where she lives and neve wants to leave. She finds out that she has to move to a new town because of her dad's job. Sophie is very sad and angry about the move but soon discovers that things aren't that bad.

"

Sophie Beagle lived in a wonderful, small town, she loved everything about it. The baseball diamond she and her friends played at, the ice cream parlor, the small lake that she would spend lazy summer days splashing around in and the tree house her dad built in the back yard. And best of all, her best friend Cookie lived right next door. This was a wonderful town and she never wanted to leave.

 
Then one day Sophie’s dad came home with some big news . . . they were MOVING!! Sophie was very sad and angry; she did not want to move. She loved her small town, everything was perfect here.  How could she leave the baseball diamond, ice cream parlor and lake?! How could she leave Cookie?!
 
Sophie’s mom and dad told her that the new home will have all those things too. But Sophie did not believe them. She couldn’t imagine any place being as wonderful as her little town.
 
Quickly the weeks went by and Sophie’s mom and dad were busy packing up their house into hundreds of boxes. Slowly, all of Sophie’s prized possessions got packed away. Her lucky clover that she used to win the soapbox derby, her collection of popsicle sticks that she and Cookie were going to build into a fort, and even her favorite fake snake she used to scare the little puppies down the street.  Sophie could hardly walk around the house without bumping into a box. She was very, very sad.
 
Then the day arrived . . . MOVING DAY. As Sophie and Cookie sat on the swing on the front porch, they watched the moving men empty out her house. Slowly the moving van got full and the house got empty. Then it was time to go, she had to say goodbye to all of her friends.
 
Sophie got into the family car and waved to her friends from the back window as they drove away. When all her friends were out of sight, Sophie wiped a small tear from her eye. Things were never going to be the same.
 
After many hours in the car, they finally arrived at their new house. It was much bigger than their old house. She went inside and her mother told her where her bedroom was. She went inside her new bedroom and looked around. It was much bigger than her old bedroom. It also had a window looking into the back yard. Sophie went to look out the window and couldn't believe her eyes.  There was a huge tree with a treehouse in her backyard!  It was much bigger than her old treehouse.
 
Sophie ran downstairs so she could inspect her new tree house. As soon as she opened the door, she came face to face with another little girl about the same age as Sophie. Sophie just stood there for a second not knowing what to say.
 
“Hi”, said the girl, “my name is Annie and I live next door.”
 
“Hi”, said Sophie shyly. “I’m Sophie and we just moved here.”
 
“Yeah, I know”, said Annie. “My mom told me to come over to say hi".
 
Sophie did not know what to say next.  Suddenly she remembered the tree house in the back yard. “Do you want to look at my tree house?”
 
“Sure”, said Annie.
 
So Sophie and Annie climbed into the new tree house. They sat there for hours while Annie told her about the ice cream parlor, swimming lake and baseball diamond she and all of her friends go to in the summer. Finally, Sophie’s mom came out and told them it was time for dinner.   Sophie’s mom said that it was OK for Annie to stay for dinner if she got her mom’s permission.
 
As Sophie and Annie sat in their tree house eating hot dogs, Sophie thought what a perfect little town this was. She never wanted to leave.

© 2008 J Lea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Weeks went by and Sophie's mom and day" Did you mean to say "dad"?

"going to build into a fort even..." I believe you need to use a semi-colon after "fort," or else put a comma followed by "and"

"they watch the moving men..." I think you meant to say "watched"

That's a heart-warming little story, J Lea. Very well told, also, except for a few very small errors. Being retired from the military, I made a lot of those moves. Thank you for sharing your story. Samuel

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
A very good story. One that could easily be turned into a children's book. Good story line and one that has a good message for kids.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Cute story. I can see this as a book with color pictures on every page.


Posted 15 Years Ago


"Weeks went by and Sophie's mom and day" Did you mean to say "dad"?

"going to build into a fort even..." I believe you need to use a semi-colon after "fort," or else put a comma followed by "and"

"they watch the moving men..." I think you meant to say "watched"

That's a heart-warming little story, J Lea. Very well told, also, except for a few very small errors. Being retired from the military, I made a lot of those moves. Thank you for sharing your story. Samuel

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can so relate to this. My husband is military. Every move was so hard until we got there. Every new place held new promise, new friends, new adventures.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
4 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2008
Last Updated on May 21, 2008

Author

J Lea
J Lea

Wausau, WI



About
I'm a stay-at-home mom with a 1 1/2 yr old daughter. She keeps me very busy and is always giving me ideas for stories just by watching her. more..