Dating service

Dating service

A Story by Guys and Other Drugs
"

Dating sucks.

"

     Lately I've been thinking about the whole starting to date again situation, especially because I haven't made it to the second date in... what? 6 months? And somehow I feel like i'm not alone. Dating is a b***h! First dates are a puzzle with so many missing pieces that by the time you've figured out what went wrong you've invested too many emotions in a lost cause. How the hell are you supposed to know if the date should end with a kiss or if it's just one of those if-was-nice-to-meet-you kinda go outs? And don't get me started in those awkward moments when you honestly have no idea if it is a date or not. Please, people, that I'm-just-looking-for-friends s**t just makes it worse!

      After, well, let's say 4 years of dating people of all kinds, I've figured out some things that work both ways. First, if one of the "daters" checks their phone more than two times or there are more than three awkward pauses, it's a disaster and you better get the hell out of there before (s)he comes up with a lame excuse to ditch you. Second, if you survive one of the tricky subjects like life goals, politics or reading interests, you may be onto something, although try not to keep your hopes up, there are times when people is are lot like you, but just not for you. Third, if one of the daters proposes to have a sort of second part of the date somewhere else, you're doing just fine and it is indeed your turn to make the next move.

      And... that's it. In 4 years that's all I've figured out so far. I still have not a clue on why the other person would say: "Sure! We should totally do it again" and not reply any of your texts... like ever again. Although I can't help it but wonder, do I do it too when a date in whom i have no interest on asks me out on a second date? What's the power of karma in dating? (In that case, did I kill someone in a date?) Where exactly is the line between politeness and being a b***h by keeping the poor guy's hopes up? Wouldn't it ease things to speak our minds the whole time risking not having a second date?

   If we give it a little thought, we'll realize that everyone is looking for pretty much the same: someone fun, smart, easy going and fairly attractive. So why the hell is so hard to find it in dates? Aren't our "types" supposed to be more 

or less similar to our images of ourselves? How many frogs do we need to kiss to find or charming prince(ss)? Perhaps we need to stop calling dates dates to take the presure away, go out more with strangers (not getting drunk when meeting them) and give a crap about our inhibitions for once.

 

Does anyone motion the idea of just saying: "Honestly, I'm not a dating material, we had a great time and I can't help it but wonder how the two of us are in bed. Wanna give it a try?". I'm just saying! Somehow we gotta take all the pressure away.

 

© 2012 Guys and Other Drugs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, you are a really good writer… and nice job on this… want to date me? LOL! I am good dating material… email me and check out my LOVEMAKING contest!

Love, RT


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 27, 2012
Last Updated on January 27, 2012
Tags: #dating

Author

Guys and Other Drugs
Guys and Other Drugs

EAU CLAIRE, WI



About
We're two friends in our early twenties writing things you'll love. more..

Writing