Iron Sea - New York

Iron Sea - New York

A Story by Guys and Other Drugs
"

New York

"
There are three places in the world that every teenager wants to go; New York, Paris and London. A couple of months ago I had the chance to go the first one, the fashion city. Well, from a 21 years old gay guy perspective I can say: it's the closest thing to heaven I've ever been. Pretty much all the clichés about New York are true, all you see in movies New York related is true and all you've dreamt of doing in New York can be done. When you're in New York you get to see a while new world called Awesomeland; streets with high hills girls, suit and nice haircuts g(a/u)ys, tourists every where holding a map in one hand and a camera in the other, skyscrapers defying gravity. In New York anyone will smile at you because they know you're not from around and you're loving it as they once did when they first arrived.
You might have an idea of what you want to do in the city, however, when you step in, the greatness of the iron sea swallows all thoughts. So what should you do? You've got two options; either you follow a boring museums and typical buildings guide, or you can grab the damn complicated subway map and just go with the flow. Obviuoslly the last option is the best, I tried it. Althought you should be aware that there are some risks. The first two days I was there went awesome, so much to see, just one set of eyes to look. However, the second night I was here I went to look around for gay discos and I ended up in a asian strip club (yeah, WTF! - and I don't even like asians at all!). After that, I learned that there are some places where you can get to nail regular people, without the need of putting singles in their almost non-existing underwear. Now, let's just talk about a "commom day". There are so many particular things about New York that not everybody can notice. If you get into the subway and look around, you'll notice that it's like a human zoo. People from all the races with no exception are sitting there; but you can tell who is from NY and who isn't. A New Yorker will be either holding an iPod -or any "i" product -, a newspaper or checking the email in the cellphone, an outsider will be looking over and over again at the subway map trying not to get lost - I've been there, done that. Yes, of course there is the liberty statue - use the free ferry, even if it is just to step on Staten Island, the Time Square -  oh my gosh, those billboards can hypnotize you! - and the Ground Zero, but there is nothing in the world like the HUGE Central Park, which best part is... if you go in the afternoon you get to see beautiful bodies jogging pretending there's no one around to look at their perfect torsos.
One of the reasons people love this city is 'cause of that TV show called "Sex and the city". Well, I can assure you that it was totally well done and that probably New York will fulfill most of your expectations. If you are a girl straight and you see a very well dressed, atractive and polite guy, be careful, there's a lot of chances that he's gay. If you are a gay and you can't tell if someone is gay, just ask him where he lives, if he lives in Hell's Kitchen it's your lucky day!. If you go out with friends to a random place, be careful with the bill, it can be suddenly 300 dollars! If you meet someone who lives in Manhattan and doesn't have a roommate... JACKPOT! One last advice; don't get tricked by the taxis. In this city there are 3 taxis for every car, but the fares are expensive like hell.
However, no matter how dirty it is or how weird it is to see steam coming out from the drain, everyone fall in love with New York .

© 2012 Guys and Other Drugs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on January 27, 2012
Last Updated on January 27, 2012

Author

Guys and Other Drugs
Guys and Other Drugs

EAU CLAIRE, WI



About
We're two friends in our early twenties writing things you'll love. more..

Writing