Oh yes, no strings attached.

Oh yes, no strings attached.

A Story by Guys and Other Drugs

    A couple of weeks ago a 19-years-old girl ask me one of those things that puzzle you: Is it a good idea to have a fuckbuddy? My first impulse was to say Yes! Often sex and no relationship's duties? Duh! However, just when I was opening my mouth to give her my answer I realized something; is it not that simple. In less than a year there were launched two movies related to the idea of having fuckbuddies, and if they were right about something is that in the end one of the counterparts always ends up mixing feelings. What those movies don't tell you is that in most of the cases, the other counterpart does not. There is a huge chance that one of the people involved in those friendships with benefits simply keep their heart and sexual impulses absolutely separeted. There are other times when both of them have feelings for the other, but because of the stupid  "rule" of keeping it casual, they never tell their feelings and the friendship ends up anyways. 
    
    And yet, the problem was: How do we satisfy of sexual needs without (figurately) screwing up things? I mean, OK, there's a chance that a friendship with benefits works out, a win-win situation were the goals are achieved, but what if we really care about our friend and sex is nothing compared to the friendship? Is old one-night-stand the answer? I know a lot of people say they wouldn't do it without having feelings involved, but for god's sake, we're in the twenty-first century and between classes, work and friends we barely have time to go on a date for Valentine's day! What if there is a time whislt you're young when actually casual sex is the answer to one of many problems we have to deal with? 
    
      Besides, sometimes with one-night-stands you feel a chemistry beyond the one you have during sex. Perhaps is the comfortness of the moment after sex, the short chitchat you have before sex, or simply because your guts tell you they're more than just a sex toy. In that case you can totally grow some balls, ask them out and go on date without being afraid of screwing up a friendship because you were never friends! C'mon, the worst that can happen is that the other person might say no or I have someone else, and in that case you can always say: well, you're not that well-endowed anyways.

      So, is having a fuckbuddy a good idea? Well, it could be, just is you follow other rules like not having sex more than one every other week and if you limit your topic of conversation to how do you like it. And let's face it, we just want something simply, not more rules and complications please! If you want something simple, one-night-stands are the simpliest means for sexual relief ever. We're in 2012, if someone calls you a w***e for doing so, just remember we all have the same needs, just we just see sex in a different way and it does not mean we're not waiting for the One, we just have fun in the meanwhile.

© 2012 Guys and Other Drugs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on February 7, 2012
Tags: #sex, #nostringsattached

Author

Guys and Other Drugs
Guys and Other Drugs

EAU CLAIRE, WI



About
We're two friends in our early twenties writing things you'll love. more..

Writing