Where

Where

A Story by Mia

November 1st, 2010 12:00

It was a cold Halloween night. The kids had most likely just finished trick or treating. Several people were staying up until the Haunting Hour. The streets were black and empty, the street lights on, some flickering, others attracting bugs. That night was different from other Halloween nights.

That Haunting Hour, the entire world went black. Every mind, soul, human, animal, fell asleep instantly. It stayed like that for exactly one minute. When everyone woke up, there was nothing. They couldn’t see anything, hear anything, feel anything, smell anything, or taste anything except for their own body. Strange enough, they could walk without floating around, which meant they weren’t in space. There was no grass, water, sand, or anything beneath their feet, so they weren’t on Earth. Not Earth, not space, but where? They weren’t all dead, or were they? But heaven wasn’t black, and hell couldn’t be either.

Where was everyone. Nobody else could be seen by the human beings. After exactly one minute of being in that state, everyone fell asleep once more. That lasted a minute before everyone was back awake, on planet Earth. It was like nothing had happened, everyone was just gone for four minutes.

On Halloween.

At the Haunting Hour.

The entire world thought for it to have just been a dream. But a dream that everyone had? On the same night? At the same time? No. That just couldn’t be possible. It wasn’t possible.

But maybe, it wasn’t a dream that everyone had.

November 1st, 2010 12:04

A ten year old Matthew watched as everyone else in his neighborhood fell back to their houses. After watching the strange scene, he returned to his bed.

What had just happened?

 

© 2010 Mia


Author's Note

Mia
Please review to tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

PRETTY GOOD MIA

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010

Author

Mia
Mia

WI



About
Hey, I'm Mia! I've been writing since I was seven years old and I love it! I want to someday get my work publsihed, but I'm far away from that :) I really hope you like my writing, please review, they.. more..

Writing
Backstabber Backstabber

A Poem by Mia