oh wow, nothing at all her folks

oh wow, nothing at all her folks

A Story by Stranger in a strange land

The night was heavy with dust and the smell of horse dung, I curled my lip at the stench of gathered humanity. Copper case strung across my back I kept my head down and turned my coat inside out, the stables were only a few feet away.
I had the scroll, that was all that mattered, at this point it was a scorched earth exit, I opened the barn door with one hand and shot the stable boy in the neck with the other blood blossomed against the wall, the horses began to scream.
Taking a second to load my gun I whistled and snapped the cylinder shut, as I fished a cigarette out of my pants the horse kicked out the stable and trotted up to me. Never very good with animals, horses especially, so I found a way to keep part of their brain in a permanent suggestive trance.
The beast bowed in front of me and I checked the brass and steel disc that lay against the base of it's skull. Satisfied I swung into the saddle and grabbed the reins, another whistle and I rode my horse unto the gravel road. I knew the stable boy, his name was Tod, a nice enough kid, but he had seen me tonight and chances are he had seen the hypnosis plate.
How long had I lived in this town, waiting for the scroll to arrive?

© 2010 Stranger in a strange land


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010

Author

Stranger in a strange land
Stranger in a strange land

Maui, HI



About
I'm a professional cook and writer living on the island paradise of Maui. I work and hitch-hike and try to find time to write in between life. more..

Writing