The Perfect Place to Bed Down

The Perfect Place to Bed Down

A Story by hamnaabobaker
"

Pets are valued members of the family who deserve just as much special consideration as any loved one.

"

Pets are valued members of the family who deserve just as much special consideration as any loved one. So when it comes to choosing a dog bed for your loyal and valued companion, take the time to make the perfect selection. There are an abundance of choices on the market, making it important to understand just what to look for in a quality bed that your furry friend will rely on forever for a comfy night of rest.


The first thing to take into consideration is how your dog sleeps on a regular basis. Some dogs dogs curl tightly to get some shut eye. Others stretch out their legs and arms while some prefer to be hanging off furniture or tucked into corners. Your dog's preferred method of sleeping should guide your decision. For example, dogs who stretch while sleeping are unlikely to prefer a dog bed with raised sides. Beds that are composed of one large cushion would be much more appropriate. Curlers would prefer beds that do have areas to place their body against. You can even explore the possibilities that exist with beds for dogs that are covered as well.

The size of your dog should also be an important factor when choosing the right pet beds. A dog should never be forced into a curling position or some other uncomfortable situation simply to fit their entire body on the the bed. Your selection should accommodate their entire body. Owners should also remember to select a bed that will be right for their pet when they are fully grown. Unless you want to invest in puppy beds and then buy a larger bed once your dog has aged, you must invest in a bed that will be appropriate for your dog as he or she gets older.

The regular weather in your area can also be a big factor. In areas where the temperature gets very low, you must choose a dog bed that offers more warmth to your pet. Dog beds that have raised sides allow your dog to curl up and gain access to more insulation. With their body in this position, they can more easily retain their body heat and stay warmer throughout the night. Areas where the weather is considerably warmer throughout the majority of the year will cause dogs to stretch more during sleep. In this case, flat cushions tend to be the better option.

The materials and durability of your dog bed should impact your final decision as well. Dog beds quickly gather fur and other materials as they receive use, making it necessary for them to be washed on a regular basis. Be sure that you choose a sturdy yet comfortable material for your dog. Additionally, knowing whether the bed will be primarily used indoors or outdoors can guide you in the type of material that you choose for the bed. It is wise to invest in covers for the bed so that you can simply wash this fabric rather than run the risk of damaging stuffing by washing the bed excessively. Some manufacturers offer customizable options that allow you to tailor the perfect deg bed for your beloved pet as well.

Author Bio. : Susan Smith enjoys spending time with her two Shitzus, Oreo and Sophie, in their two pet beds. From puppy beds to all the other canine amenities, Susan Smith has the eye of an expert.

© 2014 hamnaabobaker


Author's Note

hamnaabobaker
Pets are valued members of the family who deserve just as much special consideration as any loved one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 26, 2014
Tags: Pets, life

Author

hamnaabobaker
hamnaabobaker

Honesdale, PA



About
Gary has been an author since age six when he wrote his first sentence, 'The man was on the ship' in Mrs. Dunn's first grade class at PS 105, Bronx NY in September 1973. By day, he currently resides .. more..

Writing