How to get more followers on Twitter?

How to get more followers on Twitter?

A Story by hamnaabobaker
"

I’ve just created an account on Twitter and I had no idea how to find followers. It’s different from Facebook.

"

I’ve just  created an account on Twitter and I had no idea how to find followers. It’s different from Facebook. I remember that when I made my account I found many of my friends without even searching There are a couple of easy ways to find your followers and develop your account.

As I read, many users buy followers. I don’t exactly know how it happens but it does not matter. It's against Twitter’s rules! people who sell followers do not have good intentions, so never buy followers!There are easy and legal ways to promote your account.

 

One extremely easy way to get noticed is to choose an avatar. Be creative! And also be careful about the avatar you choose. If you choose a picture on the seaside with a bottle of beer, you will get noticed, but not from the right people! So be professional! Choose nice picture, to gain respect on Twitter and find the right followers. One advice for your avatar is to send a big picture to Twitter (450 by 450 pixels). Twitter will automatically shrink it for you. this way if someone want to see you up close, they will click on the picture and it will load in the original resolution with good quality.

Another way to find followers is to tweet, but make sure you do this in the peak hours. How do you expect to be seen if everyone is asleep? The peak hours can’t be determined absolutely. A recent research showed that the peak hours in USA are around 9 o’clock in the morning, at noon, around 3 and 6 p.m. This is when there are the most tweets. and is your best chance to get noticed.Another easy way to get noticed is to write a nice and informative biography. Be interesting and creative, use - specific information about you. Don’t say for example: “I’m looking for fun!” �" this doesn’t say a thing about you.

 

You can also ask questions and send “@messages”. These are the messages that you send to your followers. These are private messages, that only you and the person to whom you are writing can see. The tweets are for everyone to see. The “@messages” can be sent not only to your followers but to everyone.

 

Ask questions! If you engage someone in an interesting conversation you will get a response  And hopefully more followersPost links to interesting sites! In this regard Twitter is just like Facebook! When you post something intriguing it gets thousands of “likes” in a second, it gets “shared” and commented on. And suddenly you are a social media star! The same works for Twitter!

 

One additional advice is to not to tweet about everything. Of course tweeting about the weather and your breakfast or lunch will get you some followers. But the best way to gain presence is to be more specific. Find interesting themes that are connected and write about them. You will attract a target group of people who have the same interests!

One tweet is just only 140 characters! You can’t say much! So post pictures. Often one picture says more than a whole article!

link your accounts! If you have Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, post you Twitter page there, so you can be easily found!

I recommend you an online training course at Udemy, named “How to get more followers on Twitter”. It could be a good starting point for your Twitter marketing.

© 2014 hamnaabobaker


Author's Note

hamnaabobaker
I’ve just created an account on Twitter and I had no idea how to find followers. It’s different from Facebook.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on August 3, 2014
Last Updated on August 3, 2014
Tags: Twitter, Business

Author

hamnaabobaker
hamnaabobaker

Honesdale, PA



About
Gary has been an author since age six when he wrote his first sentence, 'The man was on the ship' in Mrs. Dunn's first grade class at PS 105, Bronx NY in September 1973. By day, he currently resides .. more..

Writing