From the Bus Window

From the Bus Window

A Story by HamonoAkira
"

going home one time and i found a paper on the bus seat. couldn't resist it.

"

I can never really tell the difference between a sunrise and a sunset if I am to wake up while either is happening.

 
They are, to me, both the same. Perhaps it is because I look much on the distant mountains where my home hides or perhaps I am too preoccupied with homesickness to decide.
 
When I took the high school diploma, I was thinking that college would be just next door. I was then surprised by my first trip. I swallowed Bonamine, carried my bags, chewed a piece of gum, boarded the bus — inhaled its distinctive perfume — and rode the long road away from the mountains. It was hell boring. I looked often at my phone and hoped for a reply to my: “The bus is on”, “I see the sea from my window,” and “I see the sun, too.”
 
Unfortunately, no reply came.
 
I just looked at the sun from my heavily-tinted window and decided, at last, that it will never slow down from its heartbeat setting.

© 2008 HamonoAkira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on December 20, 2008

Author

HamonoAkira
HamonoAkira

Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines



About
Ah, I'm a poet. By that I mean I love writing poems. A lot. But by "a poet" I also mean that I needed a lot of training, inspiration, and determination to become "A Poet". There's a lot of difference,.. more..

Writing
To Write To Write

A Poem by HamonoAkira


AMIHAN AMIHAN

A Poem by HamonoAkira