The Umbrella

The Umbrella

A Story by HamonoAkira
"

i was looking out the window one lonely, rainy day.

"

I was standing in the rain. And so was he. We contemplated deeply on the savage rain as to when it would stop and, seeing that it may last for eternity, we decided to share that little space inside my umbrella and run into the busy street. Lights flashed. Honks and beeps drown the chilly night air. Looking at those people running here and there, we decided to be one of them. One, two, three! Off we go, holding the umbrella, sharing that little space we know as shelter. We ran and splashed some mud puddles and tried to avoid the busy cars and all their jam. And oh! We were holding hands. He was holding mine and I was holding his. No one could help. We need to stabilize the umbrella from the heavily pouring rain and from the strong breeze. We were holding hands. And we ran into the night. All my fantasies of him suddenly became alive once again. That boy, that one boy who made my nights sleepless was sharing my umbrella with me. I felt his warmth. I felt his care and his eyes that surveyed the flooding pavement searching for a spot to hop to. But I never cared. I never cared as to where we would go. All I cared about is that I am with him at that moment. That moment was a treasure. All the noise of the cars and the rain and the dancing breeze was drowned when I looked at him and felt his hands on mine. He probably never cared. But I do. Oh, hell I do.

 
No sooner than I thought, he parted me and we exchanged good-byes and thank-you’s. I stood still and watched him go into the night. Soaking and drenched in the rain, I bid myself homeward bound. I walked with myself and walked alone. I walked with no one with me and said to myself, it would be a hell different if I had someone to walk with. It was a long night and that night will never ends as long as I live. Him and I. together that night. That such night.

© 2008 HamonoAkira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on December 20, 2008

Author

HamonoAkira
HamonoAkira

Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines



About
Ah, I'm a poet. By that I mean I love writing poems. A lot. But by "a poet" I also mean that I needed a lot of training, inspiration, and determination to become "A Poet". There's a lot of difference,.. more..

Writing
To Write To Write

A Poem by HamonoAkira


AMIHAN AMIHAN

A Poem by HamonoAkira