Just My Luck (2006 Film) review

Just My Luck (2006 Film) review

A Story by Hanna
"

A review about the heart warming comedy starring Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine.

"
Just My Luck- Review
What is luck? Finding ten pounds on the pavement, getting your dream job, being asked on a date? Is it important? Curios? Well Just My Luck answers (well tries) all of those questions that society depends on in this fun loving romantic, comedy; starring Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine as the main protagonists. And of course a bit of McFLY. 

What comes to mind when you hear the words romantic comedy? Girl is trying to find the right guy, finds the "right guy" but doesn't notice, falls in love with the guy regardless and they live happily enough. Well I bet you're expecting me to say that this story is completely different from those expectations, it's not. Those series of events do happen but they way it does and the reasons for it makes you fall in love with the charm of the film.


Ooops! Looks like the fatal kiss is being shared!
So you're at a party looking like a hot shot, your life is great, you have an amazing job (aka you're extremely lucky) and someone you like catches your eye, you dance share a kiss and everything goes wrong. This can only mean one thing- you gave away your luck! So what do you do, you're life is ruined, you've lost your job and your apartment has been flooded, of course you go around kissing all the boys in town hoping to find the "right guy". Totally reasonable.


Well a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Despite the little perks now and then within the film it fails to give the viewers the deeper story it deserves; a story centered on luck is an original one but very hard to build morals and important messages around it, resulting to it being shallow in the "moral of the story" region. Once the story had finished I didn't feel as though i had gotten the point of the story. For most of the film Lohan's character acts ignorant and selfish yet at the last minute her behavior seems to change without any real sort of explanation, there was no gradual change to her behavior becoming more honorable, thus very little character development. So back to my original question- what is luck- I still don't know.


A complete change in character- I don't know quite how
The story behind Chris Pine's character (Jake) was subtle and not really explored as much- just a charming young man; however it is Jake who manages to bring in the additional cast to the show, McFLY. For those of you who are fans of this band you're in luck (they sing a lot) for those of you who don't... just mute your screens! I must admit I did admire the way the directer was able to fit in the band so cleverly within the story, they are not in there unnecessarily there but fit perfectly within the scenes. The chemistry between Pine and Lohan is one to watch making the film worthwhile. The supporting cast are also a charmer giving the shows many laughs and the humor promised in the promos. It is these little aspects that make up for the lack of the main plot.

Overall, despite its errors Just My Luck is an enchanting film that scores a 7/10 from me. What don't you make your own choice? 

For more articles like this please visit my website- hanna-reviews.blogspot.co.uk 

© 2013 Hanna


Author's Note

Hanna
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my review! What did you think of my layout of my review? Do you think i supported my points well? Was my article entertaining, did it draw you in? Was it too long or too short? For more articles like this please visit my website- hanna-reviews.blogspot.co.uk

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on August 2, 2013
Last Updated on August 2, 2013
Tags: Just my luck, Lindsay Lohan, Chris Pine, McFLY, review

Author

Hanna
Hanna

London, Dulwich, United Kingdom



About
I am a student who loves to write, my subjects and genres vary but mostly I like to review things (books, films and plays). Being a student and the center of the upcoming generation I also have a pass.. more..

Writing
My UK Budget My UK Budget

A Story by Hanna