Saëvon: Prologue

Saëvon: Prologue

A Story by HN
"

The prologue to (hopefully) a trilogy about an ancient civilization on another planet visiting earth in search of the one thing that can save their planet from destruction.

"

Prologue

 

It was a cold night. Below zero, clear sky with sprinkled frost covering the ground. No wind blew causing it to be completely silent while Jason stood staring at the four giant moons in the sky.

There’s only one moon on Earth, Jason thought, how strange. It was all strange, the people, animals, even the planet itself. How anyone could live like they do on Earth, Jason didn’t understand, but he would have to soon.

Four Protectors were being sent to Earth to find a prophecy that would save their world, and he had to be one of them. The Elders and their ways.

Light footsteps sounded behind him, almost too light to be heard but Jason knew who it was immediately. He turned and saw a tall, burly man walk toward him wearing the traditional black armor that blended so well in the environment it didn’t even glimmer in the moon light.

“Quite the night isn’t it? See how the moons are all different colours, it’s a good omen” Tikkas, the man, said in his familiar gruff voice, putting a hand on Jason’s shoulder. Without having to look at the hand he knew it, the look, the texture and what it meant as if it was an extension of his own.

“I don’t want to go,” whispered Jason and he wrapped his arms around himself, hoping to squeeze the tears back. He couldn’t believe the words came out of his mouth. He always tried to stay strong, to keep the emotions inside, but today was going to change everything and he allowed himself this little freedom.

“I know you don’t son, this is a hard burden to bear, but you’re not in it alone. I know you can do it.” They stood there in silent for a moment, the hand on Jason’s shoulder saying everything their words didn’t.

With those few words his father managed to straighten Jason’s back a little more while also making his knees week. “Let’s get back to the ship, its ready to leave.”

Jason took a deep breath, trying to breathe as much courage from his planet as he could before he had to leave. “Alright.”

When Tikkas turned to follow the path back to the ship but Jason continued to stand still, unable to make his feet move. Tikas turned back to see if he was following, when he saw he wasn’t Tikkas started, “Jason"“

Jason cut him off when he dashed into the big man’s arms and caught him in a hug, catching his father by surprise. “Thank-you father, I’ll make you proud.”

“I know you will,” Tikkas kissed the top of his sons head, squeezing him in response. “Now let’s go,” he grabbed Jason’s hand and began down the path toward the ship.

The night was an earie quiet, like the whole forest had been put to sleep suddenly. Though the moons were high in the sky, they did nothing for lighting the area beyond the path they were walking on so the dense trees stayed in the shadows off to the side. Jason tried to look into their depths but it was nothing but darkness. He was keeping up to his father’s large strides, jogging a little to keep up, just as a strange tingling sensation went up his spine.

Jason didn’t think anything of it until Tikkas’s arms tensed and he stopped abruptly causing Jason to stop beside him. They stood still for a moment, then Tikkas drew his sword from the air and his eyes glowed white while he turned toward the forest just as a great beast jumped forth and lunged for him.

The beast was easy to recognize as it was taller than any grown man and had naked pink skin covering its body which displayed each rippling muscle as it moved. Its giant head contained no eyes but it was still one of the greatest trackers on the planet. Its front legs were very large as its back legs were tiny in comparison making it stand on an angle. The front legs also contained four giant claws on each paw, giving it the nickname Claw. It was one of the most dangerous animals on Saëvon.

All in a blur, Tikkas pushed Jason back and was sending powerful Warrior attacks on the beast. His glowing sword cut through the dark night in slashes and when it met the beasts flesh it was dulled and met with a cry from the animal. For a moment it looked as though Tikkas was winning. But the beast was fighting back strongly, almost not fazed by the wounds. All in one swift movement, the Claw jumped to the side swiped at Tikkas with its long talons and struck him in the chest. Tikas doubled over and clutched his wound, his hands turning dark with blood.

“Father!” Jason yelled, which was a big mistake. The beast turned its attention on him and Jason stood frozen staring at the animal. It was unlike anything he had ever seen, he had only heard of it in legends and drawings. Just like the legends the beast had no eyes that Jason could see, but he could feel the animal was watching him and it made his skin crawl.

The Claw opened its large mouth to show two rows of razor sharp teeth that reflected the colourful moon light as it let out a shriek. That broke Jason out of his shock and he turned to run. He could run fast, he was the fastest person in the Circle, but the Claw was faster and it knocked him off balance with one large leap and a swip of its large paws.

Jason hit the dirt and turned over on his back to see the beast standing over him, inches from his face as it opened its mouth. Jason lay there unable to breath, waiting for the finishing bite that would kill him. But there was nothing. A blur of white crossed his vision and the Claw fell to the ground in a hard lump. Behind the Claw that was now in two pieces, was his Father.

“Father” Jason breathed.

“Get up. Go… To the… Ship” he breathed. Still clutching the wound on his chest, Tikkas put his long white sword in Jason’s hand then pulled him up. Now!” and gave him a push in the direction on the ship.

“But father"“

“What’s going on here?” a voice came from up the path, then a dozen footsteps followed. About seven Protectors and Saviours came from up the path, but before Jason could let them know what happened the forest exploded.

Beasts of every kind sprang from the trees. Jason could hardly keep track of what was happening. Razor teeth, midnight black wings, bloody claws flashed across his vision. He could remember someone pulling him back down the path toward the ship while a deafening scream tore his throat as he yelled for his father.

 Suddenly a huge metal ship loom in his peripheral vision, almost taking over it entirely as Jason tore at whoever was holding him. The metal ship was bigger than most Jason has seen, this one was meant for traveling long distances, not just across the planet.

He did not want on that ship. He knew what that would mean, and he needed to get back to his father.

But before he knew it, Jason was being lifted off the ground and packed into the ship. Kicking and screaming it took several people to belt him into a seat and once the light turned green there was no getting it undone and Jason was defeated.

Through the window, Jason watched helplessly as the Circle fought dozens of beasts, all different kinds of monsters from every corner of the planet. He tried to spot his father. When he did, he almost wished he hadn’t.

Tikas was fighting, not very well considering his injury and the loss of his sword that he had given to Jason, which he had stored in a safe place, but still fighting with all his might. Jason watched as Tikkas picked up a nearby fallen sword and through it into the air. Seconds later a bird the colour of midnight fell from the sky. Before it could even his the ground Tikkas was grabbing another weapon and began hacking away at an animal slithering close to the ground. Jason watched, his heart swelling at the talent his father possessed. As soon as the slithering beast was in several pieces, Tikkas took a step forward but stumbled and clutched his wound.

That was when Jason witnessed a Claw come up from behind his father and snap off his head.

Jason felt his heart sink. A ripping, tearing feeling as if his entire being was going to shatter. Instant burning tears streamed down his young face. In a matter of seconds, everything he was fighting for, was gone.

He screamed in agony as he strained against the seatbelts of the ship that were holding him in, desperate to help his father. But it was no use.

Suddenly the engines turned on, vibrating the ship and they were lifted off the ground. Jason tore his eyes away from the window to look next to him. There he saw three other young boys and a girl, all with the same look of terror on their faces.

Soon they were lifted off and out of the planet’s atmosphere. They were headed to Earth. A truly, alien planet.

© 2015 HN


Author's Note

HN
First time publishing on the internet, I have only shown my writing to a few close people. I love it and would like feedback on anything in my writing to help make me better and to see if I have potential to make this a career.

Was it overall intriguing?
Did it flow nicely?
Would you keep reading?
Do you want me to post further chapter? (yes I have plenty more)

PS: Please ignore simple grammar errors, and do let me know if I switch tenses, I have a habit of doing that.

Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on November 29, 2015
Last Updated on November 29, 2015
Tags: teenfiction, teen, fantasy, aliens, space, prologue, mystery

Author

HN
HN

Vancouver BC, Canada