Frankenstein Alternate Ending

Frankenstein Alternate Ending

A Story by Parachutes and Sunshine
"

For an English assignment, I had to write a short, alternate ending to the book Frankenstein. This was very quick and not very planned or great, but some fans of the book might enjoy it

"

Great God! Why did I not then expire! Before me was the lifeless body of the woman who I had just hours before married. She had not even resembled the same person from just moments ago even. By that time, the beast had hastily made his leave, granting me no time to avenge my dear Elizabeth's death. Utterly unsure of what to do next, I began to depart for my hometown to mourn with my family, bearing the corpse of my dearly departed. After arriving home after an extensive journey, my eyes were once again cursed with enduring the sight of those closest to me -- the last two remaining --with the life seized from their bodies. What had I now? There was no reason to bear the cruel world a moment longer because of the monster I had created. Then the thought occurred to me that I might have the skill to revive life into Elizabeth's soul. I began to labor immediately on this task, taking no pause to tend to myself. After months of perpetual study and experimenting, I had believed that the time had arrived to bring back the spirit to my wife. After the final step in her resurrection, her eyes blinked open. These were not, though, the same eyes of the one I loved; these were the eyes of a monster, the same eyes I witnessed opening for the first time so many years ago. I could not love this creature, nor could I allow myself to set it free on all of humanity. In killing my second creation, a part of me has died as well. I feel as if I shall not live to know another year of this misery.

© 2013 Parachutes and Sunshine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, I think your initial assessment is correct. On the other hand, you've definitely captured Shelley's writing style, so this is a success in that regard.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2117 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2013
Last Updated on May 20, 2013

Author

Parachutes and Sunshine
Parachutes and Sunshine

Grand Rapids, MI



About
Hannah Michelle 18 Grand Rapids, MI more..

Writing