Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
My Permanent Smile

My Permanent Smile

A Poem by HappySad

I smile when I’m happy and sad.


It’s wrong to hide my true emotions. It’s only right to be a shining ray of light.


It’s easy to raise my face when my mind is bright, but when it’s darker.


I have to hide myself by painting on a grin with a permanent marker.


Sometimes I even have to ask myself.


Can I even tell if I’m truly happy any longer? 


The answer always is...Hardly.


So thank you culture for pushing the prescribed plastic pill bottles full of sharpies.



P.s.

Thank you again, My Society.

For the addiction to the fake smiles that were once imposed on me.

© 2018 HappySad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

THanks for entering the real me competition, amazing, thanks again, still judging all entries.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Many reasons behind a fake smile and that's forced to put on face by "society"
How long it can be continued? May we forget to identify the actual smile one day cause there won't be any left!!
Great concept indeed☺

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Most people don't show real face. Fake smile and fake showing of happiness. Which is sad. I believe we decide our life. Bad or good, sad or happy.
"The answer always is...Hardly.
So thank you culture for pushing the prescribed plastic pill bottles full of sharpies"
Few care about in this world. I liked the above lines. Old Grandpa wisdom. Do one thing daily you enjoy. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Author

HappySad
HappySad

MN



About
"Be careful of the Clock. Time Captures the Past." Writing is a Passion and Sharing to me is New. But beware of what you write. Because if a word can be used as poison, then a single piece of wr.. more..

Writing