Night of Broken Glass

Night of Broken Glass

A Story by destinyfelicia_peacee
"

Enter her world. Enter her deception. & Watch her bleed for love.

"

They stand together in dawning vain.
A desolate street calls their name.
    “I love you,” he whispers in her ear, “I can’t get you out of my head, because with you, I know I will be complete. I don’t care about anything in the world than to be here with you, holding you in my arms & telling you that I love you, then everything would be right in the world. But for now, it’s not, we’re not. I want you, I need you here with me…please I love you, it took me forever to find you.”
   
Silence comes from her end.

    “Please answer me,” he begs.

She finds no words to speak.

    “You need to know that I will always love you,” he continues, “My heart is yours forever do with it what you will. I am sorry for everything I put you through, but for the sake of my life you need to know I’m in love with you.”
   
She holds onto her chest.
    She can feel the pain in her body again. Tears are falling from her eyes for the first time this year. She can’t breathe properly anymore. She looks at the floor. Her eyes are staring at the marble ground but her mind is concentrating on something else, her mind is concentrating on the past & how much this boy took away her sanity.

Her focus finds it’s way back to him.
She just stares at him, while he looks at her back. She can see he wants to embrace her in his arms & never ever let her go.
She shakes her head & backs away.
She can’t believe a word escaping his lips. She wants to believe it all though. He told her everything she’s ever wanted to hear. He told her how much she means to him, & how he can’t breathe without her in his life. He needs her to survive, & she wants to remain in his life, but he causes her so much grief, so much agony.

    “You’re so full of bullshit,” she whispers.
He stares at her, eyes open wide with disbelief.
Instant guilt washes over her. She feels the blame for not believing him, she feels like the blood is placed on her hands for making him feel horrible. Feeling the need to apologize, if not, she will live her life with regret.
    “I’m sorry,” she cries & collapses in his embrace.
    “You don’t need to apologize.”
She closes her eyes while resting in his arms the flashbacks of her life replays in her head. She remembers his question “Will you be mine?”
It echoes through her mind.
She remembers the day he kissed her, the passion was gone, the kiss never meant anything.
She recalls the day he held her hand. There was no love it was all just pretend.
    Can she believe him now?
She remembers the afternoon he hugged her & spoke clearly in her ear those forsaken words “I love you.”
That was a lie.
Can she put her heart & soul within his hands & leave it there?
Sacrificing herself for trust.
Sacrificing herself for love.
Can she give all of her to him & hope he will not break it?

She opens her eyes & looks deeply within his.
    A time unknown escapes them in silence.
She remains tightly in his arms. How she felt so warm with his arms around her small body. She has never felt so alone as she does within this moment.
    She pushes him away from herself.
She stares at him, the tears in her eyes blurring her vision. She gathered her last ounce of strength.
    “I’ve always loved you,” her body began to feel weak, “that, I’ve never denied to myself.”
     Then, she died, from giving into the truth, she died.
She grabbed hold of her fingers tightly.
    He opened his mouth to speak her name, but she raised her hand to interrupt his words.
    She smiled.
A smile so broken, but a smile still there.
    The sky suddenly turned dark, rain began to pour onto their still bodies. Angel’s tears pound on the dead cars, the only noise besides their beating hearts. Crystal water cracks on the cold hard ground, shattering into tiny pieces of glass.

    Her eyes took one last look at the love of her life, turned her back & walked away. Tears filling her face she will move on for she is forever strong.

She will always remember his smile,
She will always hear his laugh,
For tonight is the night, of broken glass.


© 2010 destinyfelicia_peacee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it though it reads more like a poem than it did a story.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2010
Last Updated on January 6, 2010

Author

destinyfelicia_peacee
destinyfelicia_peacee

North Hollywood CA, CA



About
Writing, is my life. more..

Writing