Feelings

Feelings

A Story by HaruHau-Chan

Have you ever had a time where the world didn't seem to truly exist? Most people go through a stage where they wonder what the point of life is, but have you ever wondered if life was ever really there? How do you know every day is real? Is your life just a never-ending dream? You lay there and you think about the things that have happened in your life, yet all of it seems fake.
It all seems so unreal; so far away. The more you think about it, the more time is wasted. Yet was that time truly wasted? What would you have done otherwise? A decision is made, and you believe with all your heart that it is right, yet ten minutes later you question yourself. 
What about who you are, or who you were? Things are done, and then the person who did them steps back and looks at how they acted.
"Was that really me, or was that someone else?"
"Do I really act like that?" 
"Why did I say such things?"
"I wouldn't do something like that, so why did I?"
It is true that who you were in the past doesn't matter anymore, because the past doesn't exist anymore. You can be whoever you want to be in this moment, because that is you. Yet, though it does not exist anymore, your past can come back to haunt you. It lingers in the back of your mind, though you truly have no proof of it ever happening in the first place.
You see things through your own eyes in a way different than everyone else does. Everyone has a different reality. What you believe is what is true. 
Everything becomes mixed up. You are told things, and you accept them into your reality. For you it is true. For others, it isn't. That is why people can believe the lies they tell themselves. They can believe they are the victims when they are the ones who put themselves in those situations in the first place. They can believe they are fine when they are really hurting themselves. They can believe they are alive when they are dying. Their realities are distorted.
None of it makes any sense.

© 2012 HaruHau-Chan


Author's Note

HaruHau-Chan
This was just something I had floating around in my mind. It's not really a story, it's more of observation and a little depression. Just something I had to get out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this though. Who hasn't had those same thoughts or feelings. I have. Nice observation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zak
Hahaha so you are realizing that our perceptions are relative? I've been thinking about that too. Kinda sad...so then how does the world really get along?
You're a thinker and a writer! Would you ever want to take this idea further?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2012
Last Updated on January 20, 2012

Author

HaruHau-Chan
HaruHau-Chan

Lynnwod, WA



About
Custom Glitter Text Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by. Currently my main story that I am working on is called Liberarsi. I apologize that I'm not exactly uploading it in order. I don't really .. more..

Writing
Spirits Spirits

A Story by HaruHau-Chan


Tea Tea

A Poem by HaruHau-Chan