No Title Yet

No Title Yet

A Story by Harvey Sparrow
"

A young girl by the name of Rita is living in a world where men and women are not allowed any contact, which peaks her curiosity

"
Rita. A female name. My name. I was told, when my mother used to tower over me, that I should never seek out a man, unless i wanted to become one of 'their' slaves, yet she would never elaborate as to who 'they' were. Towering over my mother was something I always thought would be the day I become a true woman. Some could say that I made myself a woman if they follow those guidelines, though I strictly shift this thought aside if I ever find myself with it on my mind. 
I was awoken like any other day, the sun shining radiantly through my window, forcing me downstairs. As a younger girl, I was a lot more curious than I am now and asked my mother plenty of questions. As she sat down, handing me a plate holding a piece of buttered toast, I simply asked what a man looked like. Back then, I thought she knew everything, but now I know better.
"I couldn't possibly know, my darling."
"Well what about my father! It's impossible you didn't see him!" 
You can't blame me, I was only 8 years old. I didn't realize what was about to come out of her mouth.
"Well you know that we can't see men?" she explains.
I nodded.
"You need both a man and a woman to have your own child, meaning that," she sighed, "I am not really your mother."
 
 

© 2015 Harvey Sparrow


Author's Note

Harvey Sparrow
Bear in mind, I'm only 12 years old and that this is nowhere near finished, just please let me know what you think so far and I will update it on a regular basis.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 22, 2015
Last Updated on August 22, 2015
Tags: man, woman, novel, rita, curiosity