Just because....

Just because....

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

Dear Diary, it’s been a while since we last had a talk.
A lot has gone down since my last entry so let’s conquer this beanstalk.
My feelings for my best friend have managed to get deeper than the Ocean Blue.
I’ve given her hints but I really don’t think she has a clue.
Now she wants me to never mention this again, to take a vow of silence.
I must share this story with this world, no need to sweep it under a fence.
I’ve been mute for far too long. Now it’s time to reveal what she fears.
Here’s a secret I’ve kept hidden from the world: I’ve been madly in love with you for fourteen years.
I’m always here for you with arms wide open.
In a perfect world, we’d be together instead of me sitting here hopin’.
My love for you is 100% authentic and very genuine.
We’ve already made the terms of the contract it just needs to be signed.
I’ve been your biggest supporter, your number one fan.
I know you care for me, but sometimes it’s as if you don’t give a damn.
If I don’t tell my story, then who does?
I had to bang out this poem to tell you how I feel… why? Just because.
 

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

awwwe, very sweet, and sour, at the same time, 14 years is a long time to love someone and not share it!! I really enjoyed reading this.. I hope she secretly loves you too... :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing