Freedom

Freedom

A by Graham Colson
"

Kind of an essay

"

Freedom. Every single day, people take that word for granted. For the last year, I have lived in an intensive group home. I'm not trying to say that it wasn't my fault that I was there. People don't entirely realize how precious their freedom is. To be able to spend time with those you love, to be there for them when they most need it, that is freedom. To be allowed to speak your mind when you see that something that is happening is wrong without fear of punishment, that is freedom. A lot of people I know think that their lives suck because their parents won't let them do one thing or another. The next time your parents tell you to do something, just do it. There's a pretty good chance they know what they're talking about. If I had, I never would have ended up in that situation in the first place. And now, after the longest year of my life, I can finally say that I'm free.

© 2009 Graham Colson


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Graham, this is actually a powerful, hearfelt piece. I'm impressed that you take responsibility for whatever happened to you in the first place. If this essay is any indication, you have a knack for writing. I hope it is something you continue to pursue.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2009

Author

Graham Colson
Graham Colson

Swanzey, NH



About
I write poetry and I skate. That's pretty much my life within two sentences. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Poem by Graham Colson