Deep and Meaningless

Deep and Meaningless

A Poem by Heather Rodwell
"

This is somewhat thought prokoving. Pour yourself a glass of wine, sit back and read this slowly and thoroughly. Then comment.

"

This is the time for remembering long forgotten fears. The rambling of thoughts obscure the black of night booming upon us like a thunder clap. All sense dies away, and all thats left is the misery within. The fear that consumes us. That scared little girl crouched in the corner, eyes wide with fright.

The sweat on your brow glues your hair to your face, creating a sheild between fantasy and reality.
Deep within, a stirring occurs creating disillusions and incoherent thoughts clasping onto the nothingness of the dark veil of fate. That nasty word penetrates like a butterfly, lost in the wilderness. Tired little wings lay down to rest, and in a flash, his life is stolen.
The cycle that continues, keeps us on our toes, keeps us striving to live fulfilling lives. The lies we live in go unnoticed as we stare into the distance grimacing at the thought of living through this hell called life. And then comes the butterfly, who sacrificed himself for rest.
Never rest.

Never stop, until you're dead.

© 2009 Heather Rodwell


Author's Note

Heather Rodwell
Ok now it's your turn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on October 22, 2009

Author

Heather Rodwell
Heather Rodwell

Cape Town, South Africa



About
As a normal human being would, I'd do things, see people and go places. Yet I see everything in a different light. I watched my grandfather die, and instead of crying, I was inspired. I have a morbid .. more..

Writing