If in a Poem I Left You Wanting

If in a Poem I Left You Wanting

A Story by Marie Anzalone

My new book "If in a Poem I Left You Wanting" is now available on Amazon. All works in the book are written in both English and Spanish.

Here is the product detail on Amazon:

"This book of bilingual poetry, written in English and Spanish, was created between 2021 and 2023. Marie is an international development specialist and renaissance woman, and she brings her observations into poetry in a way that, as her writer and scientist friend Francisco says, "I see you in every poem, I feel you in each verse. I feel the litle girl that you carry inside you and the woman who is a fighter, the incomprehension with the present and the profund love you always carry." This book is divided into two halves. The first half is dedicated to personal reflections, on empowerment, rising out of depression, love, facing down enemies, and family. The second half is dedicated to social justice themed poetry, inspired by work, readings, travels, interviews, etc. This half touches on popular culture, climate justice, loss of freedoms, a woman's place in the world, the world we are creating for the next generation. Marie is an artist, and painted the book cover as well as designed several decorative word clouds for the interior. This book, even more than many previous tomes, was a labor of love for the writer."

Here is the link to buy the book on Amazon.


I can also sell pdf copies for $3. Message me for these.

I will have physical copies in Guatemala as soon as I raise the money to buy them.

© 2023 Marie Anzalone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on November 17, 2023
Last Updated on November 17, 2023

Author

Marie Anzalone
Marie Anzalone

Xecaracoj, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala



About
Bilingual (English and Spanish) poet, essayist, novelist, grant writer, editor, and technical writer working in Central America. "A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to ta.. more..

Writing