Tortured

Tortured

A Story by Mel
"

This was inspired by a picture of an old man i saw and the ideas just slammed into me. And no i don't need referral to a psychologist :P

"

The sunken, tortured eyes were haunting, their inky depths wild with a madness that could only come from a person who had been abused, violated, soul mutilated by the horrors that were faced every day.

The sallow, wrinkled skin was waxy, distorted horrifically by starvation and lack of sunlight, the sharp cheekbones protruding so far that they threatened to break the papery barrier.

The nose was crooked, large, disproportionate to the rest of the gaunt, pallid visage; the only thing seemingly untouched by the terrors the man faced.

One could tell, at a glance towards the discontented twist on the dry, cracked lips, that it had been a while since happy days were seen, the deep frown lines a permanent fixture, dark against the mottled complexion.

The wispy hair, white as snow, with balding patches here and there made it hard to believe that the man was but 25 years old, the constant torture he had confronted aging him before his time, bringing a premature death steadily closer.

And by the growing harshness and depth of the frighteningly pale scars or the jagged pink cuts on his feeble arms, it was not to be too long before his untimely demise would arrive…

© 2012 Mel


Author's Note

Mel
Well...this is a piece that i wrote for a creative writing workshop in 25 minutes, and i really wasn't in the mood so i know that it's really horrible, but meh :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012
Tags: torture, self harm, implied suicide, dark

Author

Mel
Mel

About
I suck at life. more..

Writing
On The Brink On The Brink

A Story by Mel