Don't Let Depression Get The Best Of You

Don't Let Depression Get The Best Of You

A Story by Lacey
"

What does it mean to let depression get the best of you? Well, we'll find out together.

"
Depression is something you can't ignore, yet you can help yourself through. It has a lot to do with your childhood there are multiple things that trigger it. 
Depression has different triggers as everyone knows, but people have a higher risk of depression if they've been through a stressful life event; if they've had depression in the past; or if a family member has been depressed. Depression develops without any obvious cases. Genes provide some, but not all of the answers. It tends to affect the body. It can also be a gut feeling.

There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don't seem to help. I found out that with depression, one of the important things everyone should realize is you're never alone through it. I developed depression through my parents because how I grew up. I grew up watching my dad put guns and knives to himself cops surrounding him, my mom getting beat by all her boyfriends, and my dad telling me if we were gonna stab him in the back to do it or he'll do it himself when we go to bed. That's what my depression was caused from, let alone caused PTSD. I watched my grandmother pass away at two years old, but I was also in three total car accidents my entire life which caused depression also.

I named this don't let depression get the best of you because that's just what I do. If you're feeling depressed do something for yourself that makes you happy. I got my first tattoo last week to cover up my scars from when I used to deal with depression the wrong way and it felt great. So find something that makes you happy or go to your happy place.

© 2022 Lacey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 2, 2022
Last Updated on March 2, 2022

Author

Lacey
Lacey

PA



Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Lacey


Love Love

A Poem by Lacey


The Love The Love

A Poem by Lacey