Sea Hurled

Sea Hurled

A Story by Hattrick
"

From where do the beauties of the sea birth?

"

Sea Hurled


chapter 1

The Anchor was lowered and the plank lumbered over the sanded deck and shifted onto the ships main deck. The  plank was disintegrating in splinters underneath the black finger nails of the gnarled weathered hands as the shipmate hauled it. I stood waiting for my death with a coolness that unnerved the Captain. With my hands bound and clothes taken from me, i stood in my cotton shift and was held tightly by the nape of the neck like a dog. The ship mates gathered around the battered mast and my eyes scanned the faces i had so easily deceived for the past 2 weeks onboard this ship. With glares of anger and of brutal objectification  i could not help but feel my own anger rising into my throat like the bile that i felt would seep from my lips and christen the deck with my last living bodily fluid as i drowned to death in mere minuets. 

The Captain approached me from his place amongst the mock of dull-witted men with scarred arms and sun aged skin. He stood tall with feet broad apart making himself bigger like a bear before prey. He took a hard breath and said loud “ This Woman befor’ us , has tried to fool tha pirates she should ave’ never tried to cross. This Woman , so blessed she may be with beauty..” his eyes turned up with his crooked smile as he reached out his hand to defile my face with his rough skin and blackened knuckles , “Has surpassed expectations on how dumb you scum are.” He kept his tone friendly , as if speaking to a child and scolding them without interjecting fear. With a pinch of my cheek i bared my teeth and snapped at the old Pirate Black with the pearly whites he had noticed upon my discovery aboard his precious ship. A roar of laughter emerged from the crowd of underlings ,”SHUT YE FILTHY TRAPS YE SCUVRY ROTTEN LOT” roared Captain Black as he recomposed himself and reaffirmed his position of power over the underlings. “For this Woman, you shall drown like any Women of no use should, and we will watch you fall to the bottom out of sight and drink deep on your death.” With that he ordered my restrainer to push me to the plank. 


My bare feet met the wood with a soft thud and a splinter made a friend in my sole. I stared outward to the infinite blue that lay beyond the confines of the ship. I did not give them the satisfaction of seeing my fallen face before my physical fall. The crew became agitated and pounded feet on the deck in rhythm to bring fear into me. The captain pushed the sharp point of his sabre to my back where it found the space between  spinal bones and tested the resilience of my delicate skin. With the increasing pressure of the point into my skin , i shuffled my feet along the plank savouring my last breaths of the sea air and the feeling of my feet on a hard surface. 

The crew growing with excitement as those prehistoric brains relished in the suspense of my fall. Their pounding feet sounded deeper to me , and the sound radiated through the layers of the ship bringing forth the images i had of the berth deck and the canons so favourably well kept. My toes met air and i found myself stepping into what felt like a moment of calm between the layers of the existing earth, between the hard surfaces , the air and the water. The sound reached me before the feeling did , i felt like my body was left behind and it only experienced the feeling of cold water after the initial plunge. I sank deep and quick and saw the ship shimmering from sight between the movement of water over my eyes so stunned open. As i fell i saw the greens and blues of the surrounding fish and the darkness of the ships hull as they met each other. It was if the fish were caressing the boat. My vision began to leave me , i was seeing in white’s and grey’s as the fish flew at me with smiling teeth and outreached arms. I felt held by the ocean and comforted by the fish as my eyes closed and i felt my body hit the sand.


Chapter 2

I do not recall ever loosing mental consciousness in my moments of death.All the colours had faded to black, i was withheld the gratification of sound and the sense of touch on my skin. My body was unresponsive and i felt detached from the world. It was like being in limbo. I did not breath nor blink but i was aware that i was still conscious. It felt like time had seized to exist and i did not know if i would experience this feeling of limbo end.


A light tickle and pricking sensation arose my awareness of the present extremities i still kept. I felt them in waves, along the places my fingers where , between the meeting of flesh of my arm and chest. The feeling intensified until my whole body was alive and feeling these waves of sensation washing over me and bringing my body back to existence to my detached brain. Sound came slowly at first it was small, just the sound of rushing wind, then it came to me all at once and the explosion of sound exploded into my brain awakening my whole body and mind back into one existence and paired again. This rush of consciousness filled me will a surge of electric that bolted my back straight up and my mouth gaped open grasping wisps of air as quickly as i could inhale them. Black faded to grey and white, then greens faded into focus with blues and looking to the placement of my hands i saw gold , brown and white. I pushed my hands into the soft feeling floor and found that sand met the gaps between my nails and my water pruned skin. I was alive, and i was distraught. My mind spun as i examined my wrists that looked untouched by the rope that previously bound them, i pressed the pink flesh with my pruned fingers and found veins and colour but no impressions. Blinking hard to adjust my eyes to the sunlight i observed the surroundings of my body that i felt only newly aquatinted with. It was a beach that stretched the ability of my eyes to focus to the distance. The sand only seemed to end where it met the horizon of blue water. Exhaustion hit me and i felt my body weaken and i fell back to the sand. With eyes looking to the topmost of my head i found that behind me there was not even an expanse of rain forrest but more sand and solitude. What use was surviving when i would die here on the beach. I breathed deeply and let my distraught body rest until it could bare the strain of surviving on this beach.


Upon my wake i was aware of the unmistakable chatter around me, this could not be right i was on a solitude beach. I rolled to my side my legs moving as one and using my hands pushed myself to a position in which i could observe the ridiculous arrangement around me. The most beautiful women with hair different shades of the earth where sat around me gazing with unblinking eyes and teeth that smiled kindly. I was sure this was some kind of delusion from exhaustion and the lack of intake of water. They seemed quiet but at the same time the air felt alive with chatter and the intense feeling i was a sort of spectacle to them. The water was still lapping upon my legs and looking down, the reason why they felt as if they moved as one became as apparent as why i had survived my drowning. My hand slid down the place were my pale thigh would have been and meet the gradual graduation of blue and grey scales that covered the whole of my shins until i came to the place where my toes should have welcomed me. I found my toes had been replaced with transparent large fins that shimmered as the waves approached and washed over them. I could not take it all in , i was mutated, a monster , is this why these women and girls had surrounded me? Was i a spectacle to be shown in circuses around the land and to be ridiculed without knowing the person behind these hideous scales?

© 2016 Hattrick


Author's Note

Hattrick
this is the first part i ever wrote, looking for criticisms

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 9, 2016
Tags: mermaid, sea, vengeance, feminist, feminism, pirates

Author