He's Perfect

He's Perfect

A Story by heathernichole13
"

A young girl in love with her horse.

"
                    Wow! There he was. His chestnut coat shinning brighter than the sun its self. Jenny ran as fast as her little legs would go. She always wanted a horse since she could walk. She had always rode her fathers horse, until one day her father took her to an old friends barn. He had so many beautiful horses she didn't know where to start. Until she came to the pasture where there was a 14 hands high chestnut horse! She fell in love!
" Daddy! Can I please have him?! Pleaseeeee." she begged.
He looked at her with a serious face and said "You can't keep your room clean how you gunna take care of a horse?"
"How about I make you a deal there little lady?" the old man chimed in.
"Yes sir! Anything!" She said with the twinkle in her eye that no parent can say no to.
"How about you come out here everyday for the next week at the crack of dawn and clean out his stall and feed him so you know what you're getting yourself in to before you get him. Is that a deal?" He asked with an eye brow raised since he already knew what to expect as her reaction.
"Oh yes sir! I can do that. Please daddy, please?"
"You know that means you have to get up before the sun does right honey?" her dad explained to her.
" Yes sir I understand. At least let me try please daddy."
"Fine I'll bring you over in the morning now say good bye to Mr. Leo."
"Bye sir I'll be here first thing in the morning" She shook his hand and ran toward her fathers old Chevy truck that was a bit run down but still ran like a champ. Jenny was all smiles the entire ride home. As soon a they got to their house Jenny jumped out of the truck and before running to the house she turned around with the door still open and said
 "I wanna tell momma our deal!" Off she went like the horses at the race. Strait to the house and in the door. The screen door slamming behind her.
"MOMMA! MOMMA! DADDY MADE ME A DEAL!" she exclaimed to her mother before her father even came in the house.
"What are you talkin 'bout child?" her mother asked half concerned what her father had promised that she would have to tell Jenny other wise.
"Mr. Leo said that I can go over and help him with Bruiser for a week to see what its like to have a horse and if I can do it then daddy's gunna let me have Bruiser as my own!" she was so over excited she was literally jumping up and down.
"Oh hone-"
                 " but momma a deal is a deal!" Jenny cut her off half way through her sentence.
"Okay, Okay fine. Since it's summer break. If you really want that horse as your own you better do your best while you're over at Mr. Leos barn. You hear me?"
"Yes ma'am! I swear I'll do my best!" she said lighting up like a lightning bug in spring. She was so excited she got all of that out before her father came in the house. She turned around to run up the steps to get changed and washed up for dinner and almost ran him over.
"Mark why are you promising that girl when you know we can't afford another horse right now. Getting her hopes up for nothin. You're gunna be the one breaking that little girls heart." She pointed at him like a mother would a son for getting his Sunday clothes dirty. She went back to making dinner.
"I made the deal because if she really wants that horse and can prove to me that she's going to take care of him then she's going to have him. I can sell one of our old wagons out back that we don't use. She's not going to get up at dawn just to go fool around with some horse. I know my daughter." he said with a cocky tone.
"Oh yeah? I know that little girl more than you think. She wants that horse so you better start sellin' stuff around the house 'cuz Bruiser will be part of the family by next week." her mother said in a stern voice.
As soon as she finished that sentence you could hear Jennys' little feet coming down the steps.
"Mmmmm. Meatloaf and potatoes, my favorite! Today just keeps getting better!" Jenny sat at the table with her head bowed waiting for her parents to join her in the prayer. They all sat down and joined hands.
"Dear Lord above. Thank you so much for this food and for my amazing parents who are giving me the chance to bring Bruiser home. Thank you for everything you do for us. Please keep us all safe tomorrow while I go and help with Bruiser. AMEN!" the first time Jenny had said a prayer since her favorite barn cat had died.
She looked up and started devouring her food. She hurried and as soon as she was done she said "Well goodnight guys. I love you. I got to get some rest so I can get up early." she hugged both of her parents then in an instance you could hear her up the stairs. She set her alarm and went to sleep.
                   "BEEP.BEEP.BE-" Jenny hit the alarm button and shut it off. Hopped out of bed and ran down stairs and hurried to eat breakfast, no longer than 10 minutes later she was back in her room taking her pajamas off and putting on her old t-shirt and boots and running in to her dads room.
             "DADDY WAKE UP!" she jumped on the bed almost bouncing him off of the bed. She plopped on the bed.
"Daddy wake up time to go see Bruiser!" She jumped off of the bed and ran to her room and got her boots on. Back to her parents room she ran. Her dad heard her boots and sat strait up in bed. "Did you eat breakfast?" he asked half asleep. "Yep, I sure did. A big bowl of cereal now come on daddy!" She proceeded to grab his sweat pants and boots and put them beside the bed as he turned to sit on the side of the bed. "Okay okay lets go." he said as he finished putting on his boots, and that's how Mark lost his wagon and his daughter gained a new best friend.

© 2015 heathernichole13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on August 7, 2015
Last Updated on August 7, 2015
Tags: horse