There is a place

There is a place

A Poem by Paul
"

There are many places.

"
With trillions of planets in the universe, it would be rather ignorant to assume that not one of them has life but Earth.

I often ponder what other beings are doing, how happy they are, how far away they are.  It really opens up my mind.

"Do you have a keyboard, just like me?  Are you typing away for a minuscule fee?
I wonder if you have hospitals, or even need them at all, and what would you say if I gave you a call?

Do you just have the one home like us over here?  Or do you use a few planets where the air is nice and clear?
Do you look out at the stars and wonder like me, if there's someone gazing back but too far away to see?

I often think about you, whoever you are.  I hope that you're well as you orbit your star.
We're only just getting off the ground here at my place, just starting to explore and to understand space.

Have you got rich folk and royals with gold crowns?  Do you have money like our dollars and pounds?
What are your troubles during every day life?  Do you drown your sorrows or argue with the Wife?

Is there religion over there where you live?  What type of Gods did your minds come up with?
Do you get around on the ground or fly through the air?  We kind of do both, but usually pay a fayre.

We have 24 hour days here and a year that's 365, we have birds that sing, rain that falls and water to keep us alive.

What would you say if I showed you a dolphin?  And what if I showed you a war?
We could talk forever about our differences and similarities I'm sure.

Do you have fire and candles and remember your dead?  Do you have lampshades and coffee and a nice warm bed?
I wonder if you're writing a poem just like me, or if you're sailing on a world covered in sea.

Do you shop on black Friday and follow the crowd, or are you all individual and always feel proud?
Do you have to diet and work out to live longer?  Or do you have special solar skin that makes you feel stronger?

Imagine if we met and we had this little talk.  Would we be like peas in a pod or more like cheese and chalk?
Do you think we would stop at all to wonder and care, about the billions of others that couldn't be there?"
    

© 2016 Paul


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The rhyming in this poem is impeccable!
What I absolutely love, love, //love// about this piece is how unique it is! It's not often that you see any piece of fiction about extraterrestrials that has such a sense of wonder instead of dread, or mystery. This wonder is portrayed in a very curious, innocent way -- as in the way a child would ask about the sky being blue, or the grass being green. A real pleasure to read, overall.

Posted 6 Years Ago


What I love about this - is that it is so different and intrguing. What a most fascinating read you have put on here. Really making me think.

I really, really loved this A LOT.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Paul

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Welcome.

Mark.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2016
Last Updated on December 7, 2016

Author

Paul
Paul

WOLVERHAMPTON, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I write, sometimes. more..

Writing