Too Shy

Too Shy

A Story by helen.cornett

 “Do you love me?”


I looked into her deep green eyes with confusion, debating my answer. I let go of her golden curls that were deep inside between my fingers, careful not to hurt her. I looked at her flawless porcelain skin as I pondered my thoughts quickly not to enrage her.

Do I love her? The way I think of her every second of everyday; do I? When I look at her, my mind goes into a state of happiness that nothing could get me down from; do I? Is it the way she rolls down the windows all the way when we drive, or how she grabs my hand randomly without warning and absentmindedly steals my heart as well in the process. Do I?

Is it lust, or something much more? I don’t understand. Is the way I want to be with her no matter how much I fight it, lust? Is it lust the way I feel my pupils dilate whenever I look into hers? I ponder. Is it lust? No, it can’t be; this is real.

No.
NO.

I love her. I love everything about her. There is not one imperfection I would change even though she has a few. I love her. I love HER. No one else. Is this what love feels like? Why, it feels amazing; but I consider:

Why would she love me? I’m just and ol’ southern boy that’s made too many heartbreaks, that I know have been terribly wrong. I’m nothing special, why would she waste her time on me? I’m normal, no talents, no skills, just a lost cause with too many things to think.

I love her. I love her so much and I know it’s real. But she doesn’t mean it if she says it to me.


* * *


“Do you love me?”

I whisper it slow so he can hear. It came out with no warning, but I’m gladsome I said it.
Do I love him? The way I just hold him tight, and it feels oh, so good. When we stay up talking for hours about how life is delusional and how we’re not ready to move on with our fast-paced lives, it feels so marvelous. The way I laugh and we play and we jump and we our ourselves, it feels nice. The way that he drives down the winding dirt road as I stare at him, because I am just simply amazed; is it love?

Is it lust, or something much more? I just can’t comprehend. I want him, is that it? I just want to be with him for as long as I can. I want him more and more each day no matter how much I try and fight it off breathing down my neck. Is it lust? No, it is not; this is real.

No.

NO.

I love him. I love everything about him. I love him. I love HIM. He’s everything I ever wanted, and more. No one else. Is this what love feels like? Why, it feels amazing; but I consider:

Why would he love me? He didn’t, nor did he, or he, or he. I’m just a young innocent adolescent. I’m normal, no talents, no skills, just a writer with too much to write.

I love him. I love him so much and I know it’s real. But I hope he says it back, if not, I will not say it back.


* * *


“Do you love me?”


I look into her deep green eyes with confusion, debating my answer. I cannot admit it. I could never. I love her, but she doesn’t love me. I cannot admit it.

“No.”


* * *


I figured. Everybody else has walked out.
Without saying a word, I get up, where I was comfortable, grab my bag, and leave without saying a word.


I love him.


* * *


I love her.





© 2013 helen.cornett


Author's Note

helen.cornett
I'm only 16, this will not be perfect. But feel free to review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey! So, being only 17, I guess it's fair to say that I can relate. :) Still, I tend to be quite critical of romantic pieces because they tend to be cheeseball and meh, but I thought that this was pretty good! I might advise cutting out the redundancies because they really aren't necessary and, to be honest, I just had the desire to skim past them the whole time; but overall I thought that there was something very sincere about this. The two final lines were simplistic and endearing, and brought the whole thing together. While far from perfect, I think you surely wrote something worth reading. Keep writing, and best wishes! xxx

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. I fear that this is probably all too common. You've portrayed the inner conflict of both characters marvelously, and your description of their actions is superb. Great piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


helen.cornett

11 Years Ago

Why, thank you! Hope to read some of your stuff too!
This was well written. I love it. I don't read a whole lot of romance but I wish I could write like that. The reviewer below you is right. You do have a gift for a sixteen year old. ;) Too bad the chances of getting a girl like that are 1 out of infinity these days :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


helen.cornett

11 Years Ago

Very reassuring, thank you :)
This is mature for a sixteen year old. Very well penned as well.
You may have found you gift early in life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


helen.cornett

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013

Author

helen.cornett
helen.cornett

NC



About
I'm a 16 year old girl, who wants to be a writer when she grows up... :) Writing is my passion, and is how I can really express myself. Don't be afraid to message me or add comments! :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by helen.cornett