Maybe in Another Life.

Maybe in Another Life.

A Story by hello emilee
"

Futuristic ideas that'll never become reality.

"

My body noted the arrival of the sun before my eyes. Hovering between sleep and conciousness, I could feel your body beside me, your warmth coming off of you ever so slightly, and I smiled. It hadn't all been a dream.
I opened my eyes to your face; You were still asleep. As quietly as I could, I stood up and walked to the window, pulling the curtain away. The sunrise always seems to take my breath. The brightest orange and pink and yellow devoured the horizon, painting the most vivid picture I'd ever seen. The sun, who was just beginning to make it's way over the tall evergreens and telephone poles smiled at me, and I returned the gesture. It was the least I could do.
I walked back over to you and kissed your forehead, whispering for you to wake up. It was weird how the idea of sharing something as monotonous as a sunrise could excite me like a small child on Christmas. But it did, and I wasn't complaining. You groaned and rolled over, and I laughed at your displeasure. I knew how much you hated to wake up early. We were such a silly couple, such opposites, but somehow we were perfect.
"I want to show you something," I begged, pushing your shoulder, "please get up." The magic word never failed me, and you opened your grey-blue eyes.
"What?" Your voice came out broken and raspy, which drew yet another smile on my face. It seemed to be everything you did. I never did find out what I did to deserve someone like you.
I grabbed your hand and pulled, my eager immaturity becoming more obvious and apparent with every passing second.
"Just come here."
I still had your hand in my possession as I led you out of our room, through the hall, and to the front door. I opened it and stepped out onto the porch, pulling you with me, and then I looked up. Following my gaze, I heard you laugh.
"What?" I asked, turning around and craning my neck to look in your eyes.
"This is what you wanted to show me?" You motioned to the pink and yellow and orange canvas laid out in front of us.
I looked at it and back to you, and replied, slighly stung, "Yes."
You turned me around and wrapped your arms around my waist, settling your head on my shoulder and positioning your mouth so it was right beside my ear. "You wake me up at five thrity in the morning and drag me out here to look at a sunrise?"
I nodded.
"Why would you do that?"
"I thought it was pretty. I wanted to show you." I could've said more, but I thought I was going to cry.
Behind me, I hear you sigh and laugh, a condescending laugh that makes me feel even smaller than I already did. "Every day of my life I could wake up at noon and never leave our bedroom and see something five million times more gorgeous than this. This sunrise is nothing, it couldn't compare in a hundred years. Some people might say it's the most amazing thing they've ever seen, and I'd feel bad for them, because I know I've seen something so much more beautiful."
You removed your arms from my waist and I turned around to face you.
"Want to take a wild guess?"
I already knew. And as I stared at you, at your smile and your eyes and your messed up hair, I couldn't help but start to cry. You laughed at me and pulled me close, picking me up and holding me like you would a small child.
"Nothing could ever compare to you. Not before, not now, not ever."
And with those words, my seemingly infiniate happiness became a thousand times greater.

© 2008 hello emilee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on August 30, 2008

Author

hello emilee
hello emilee

North East, MD



About
Perfectly normal human being minus the normal. My name's emilee. I'm fifteen years old and I reside in different places, depending on my state of mind. I currently live seaside in a small apartment, .. more..

Writing