Can You Spare Any Change?

Can You Spare Any Change?

A Story by Crowley
"

Just a thought...

"

     A penny for your thoughts had turned into a dollar for your thoughts due to inflation. I wasn't sure that my thoughts were worth the original price of a penny. So I offered them up for free to any who would listen, throwing in a cup of coffee.  


     When you heard my thoughts and told me they were patently ridiculous. I left the room a changed man, furious at my insignificance and the fact that I had shared. After sitting alone on the corner waiting for the ghosts to finish eating my heart, a man sat down next to me and asked how I was doing. I said fine, like always.


He asked me if I knew how to make a million dollars and I said I did.


"Then show that b***h which direction the wind blows and then send her for a ride!"


     He got up and left and for the second time that day I was a changed man. The power of a word knows no boundaries, and who was I to try to put a fence around mine?


© 2018 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Keep the faith....it ain't easy, but dreaming is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is surprisingly intriguing, even tho it feels like a somewhat-random spill of loosely-related ideas. There’s a great juxtaposition between ordinary “lines” like “penny for your thoughts” . . . and the way you twist such ideas into highly-original aspects of your ramble: “furious at my insignificance” . . . all the while there’s a buried relationship between money, words, & fate! Nice little mind tweak for those inquiring minds! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


I don't find any confusion in the context or content of this piece but I do read more between lines than most. I think words are powerful and everlasting. Sadly, they are misused or misunderstood...though when they are spat with love they fly into the universe inviting....write on!

Posted 5 Years Ago


hmmm, um... who is "you" in this piece? Later on there's mention of a b***h but I'm not sure the context other than intimate or personal as many attempts at communication are... there's some correlations between the first para and the second to last... the "frankness" of the advice seems to have a motivating affect and I"d like to see the effects of the change. Great voice here.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

You are right, that is a bit confusing as the you was a generic you and the b***h referred to the si.. read more
roarke

5 Years Ago

ah, your explanation clears things up.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2018

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Town My Town

A Poem by Crowley