Valentine's Touch

Valentine's Touch

A Story by Plagued Monumentally
"

Based on a true story.

"

    "Take my hand," he whispers in the deafening silence as the two bodies sit beside one another on the large bed. 

    "Why?" she says back to him, feeling the curiosity well up in the pit of her stomach.

    "Just trust me, Cassidy, take my hand," he whispered softly, his hand extending in front of her, waiting and hoping for her to take it.

    Her pale hand outstretched and rested in his palm, and he gently wrapped his hand around hers, never letting the passion in the dark go missing. 

    He got up and she mimicked his actions, standing in front of him, looking up into his eyes, searching for answers she was longing for.

    "What are you-" her question was suddenly interrupted by a warm finger pressed to her lips.

    "Shh, love, just close your eyes." 

    She nodded, closing her almond shaped eyes, sensing him moving closer to her.

    One hand rested on her waist, pulling her body close to him so their hips were joined, and his other hand put her hair behind her ear in a gentleman gesture.

    She knew that she shouldn't speak, so she bit down on her tongue and felt the warm and inviting scent of her lover fill her nostrils.

    The scent of happiness made her heart swell, wanting to be closer to him than they already were.

    He moved her hands so they were draped around his neck, and he moved closer so that their stomachs were pressing together. She could feel his heartbeat, steady but wild.

    He put his lips to her ear and breathed lightly, his breaths coming short for a bit, before evening out.

    "Soft, silken skin runs the length of her back, glistening in the soft sunlight streaming through the window like a glassy ocean as she lays on the bed. The smile crossing her cherubic face is sweet, sultry, but it means more in this paramount moment. With her usual convivial flair she winks at me, and my heart swells," he whispered into her ear, and she was savoring every line, listening to the sound of his voice as he recited his poem softly.

    She smiled widely, keeping her eyes closed as he started swaying her, leading the way to the dance of love. 

    "The curves beside me shift, an arm rests across my chest,lips brush against my cheek. I hear a contented, serene sigh in my ear, and I have its second. I turn my head and find deep eyes watching mine, and I am lost, rapt in those divine orbs, a window to my favorite soul. Her sanguine cheeks stir as my inamorata smiles at me again," he smiled and kisses the skin between her earlobe and neck, and then finally says: "and I am in love."

    He pulls his face away from her ear, and she can feel his sight lingering on her face, waiting for her to open her eyes.

    And when she did, he kissed her, but never loosing the pace of their dancing. Her hair swaying behind her as he holds her tightly, never to let go.

    All of a sudden he pulled away, and to replace the absence of his lips, low hum of his voice filled the silent night, the melody was a perfect pitch and tone that she couldn't help but smile.

    The familiar lyrics of their favorite song slipped from his lips, "Heaven, I'm in heaven and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak, and I seem to find the happiness I seek. When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek," his low raspy voice settled for a moment, leaving the only sound of the wind and trees rustling outside of their world.

    Her body moved with his, never loosing the pace, it felt almost like magic to the both of them. Her body warmed up to his instantly, her head resting on his shoulder as his rested on the top of her head.

    "And the cares that hung around me through the week seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek. Oh I'd love to climb a mountain and reach the highest peak. But it doesn't thrill me half as much as dancing cheek to cheek," the repetition of the line stayed in her mind, and she knew this song would always have great meaning to her.

    The night grew quiet, but the heartbeats and humming kept them entertained. They knew that nothing lasted forever, but this moment would be a memory that would never stray too far. Because they were in love, so deeply in love, that nothing else mattered.

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
POEM CREDIT:

Soft, silken skin runs the length of her back,
glistening in the soft sunlight streaming through the window
like a glassy ocean as she lays on the bed.
The smile crossing her cherubic face is sweet, sultry,
but it means more in this paramount moment.
With her usual convivial flair she winks at me,
and my heart swells.

The curves beside me shift, an arm rests across my chest,
lips brush against my cheek. I hear a contented, serene sigh in my ear,
and I have its second. I turn my head and find deep eyes
watching mine, and I am lost, rapt in those divine orbs,
a window to my favorite soul. Her sanguine cheeks stir
as my inamorata smiles at me again,
and I am in love.
- socratesgray on WC
http://www.writerscafe.org/socratesgray


and the song:
Cheek to Cheek - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This made me cry it was so beautiful. And I miss my guy so much! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Romantic to say the least.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow really good! I throughly enjoyed this story .

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is written well. I like the atmosphere you created.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well written

Posted 12 Years Ago


This an amazing story. Its got deep emotion in it and the details create great imagery. The way you fit the poem and song in makes your piece stand out more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sweet and romantic! I loved the poem it fit in perfectly with story. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a sweet story and very creative!
So glad I read your story

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the intensity of the moment. The softness he held for her, like she was as fragil as a china doll, though she might as well be a charchol briquette by the way she handed to his every whim with grace and fire. Perfect

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love is a moment a evergreen of thought my friend and you captured this with a true grasp of that very very well done i admire true work and art as this keep posting cheers John

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

1091 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 23, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..