<i> A Race for the Past </i>

A Race for the Past

A Book by Plagued Monumentally
"

Still not sure of the title of the book, may or may not change it later. Anyways, scroll down to the "Note For Reviewers" to find out the plot.

"

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally

**Due to personal problems and questioning of this story, I won't be working on this all the time. It will become a side project. A chapter a week I might write, maybe two. But other than that, sorry**


A man without a name is but a ghost, passing through the world unnoticed. His deeds, regardless of their greatness, will be dissipated in the breeze, or attached to the name of another; for he has no name of his own to remember him by.
- Sami Pyörre

- - - - -

A girl is escaping the incestuous household she lives in. Her brother, a pervert in the making, won't give up his hunt to make her life miserable. Within escaping, she starts a search to look for her father with only a picture of him and a city he lives in - Vernan, British Columbia with a population of over 36000. Along her journey, she comes across perilous situations, questioning her identity, meeting a boy with his own set of problems, and much more. But what happens when she tries to escape the shadow of her brother, and he sets out to find her? Will the love between her and this boy be greater than her longing to meet her father? Will her father be the man that she hopes him to be?


- - - - - -
A little bit of non-fiction and fiction tied into this. If it sounds like a boring story, I'll try my best to make it filled with so much description you'll be able to connect with her feelings and what she sees. I've never met my dad, but this is what I would do if he was still alive - search out and look for him. I've also dealt with friends in incestuous households, so I can relate with the feelings. It'll take about a day or two for me to fully develop the plot and characters, so I hope you enjoy a teaser I gave you about the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 7, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing