Paragraphs

Paragraphs

A Story by Plagued Monumentally

Paragraph 1:


Would you do anything to fly like a bird, to be free like a bird? The comparison that Patrick Lane creates in the poem "The Bird" is sensational because it shows us how precious a bird's freedom can be. This poem gives me the impression that it is based on our restricted freedom as a society- and a person. The line; "only words can fly for you like birds" in the third stanza really emphasizes my statement that words can get you to the place you desire most. The ignorant and greedy nature humans live in is also what the author is trying to make apparent. The last two lines on the second stanza; "and a feather is not made of blood and bone," is contrasting birds to humans. Although this poem can be interpreted and represented in many ways, Patrick Lane uses metamorphic examples in the most beautiful way that will inspire the best of us.


Paragraph 2:


Does the feeling that death follows you around everywhere create an eerie feeling inside you? The poem "Because I could not stop for Death" by Emily Dickinson does just that. The poem takes you through a miniature journey in only six stanza's. When Death takes her on a symbolic journey of her childhood memories, it makes you wonder not just what goes on in her life, but what goes on in her head. The line "because I could not stop for death- he kindly stopped for me" makes me think that Emily Dickinson and Death have a abstruse and complicated relationship. The use of "immortality" and "eternity" throughout the poem really sets the theme for me. This piece of writing showed me the true meaning of classical poetry, because its a poem that I will never forget.


Paragraph 3:


The poem "As You Like It" by William Shakespeare was not only my favorite, but the most powerful to me. There were so many captivating and intellectual lines that submerged into my thoughts while reading it. The impression I got from this poem is that some men complete seven stages of their lives...and some that aren't so lucky, don't. The first four lines: "all the worlds a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts," were really symbolic and meaningful. The last line; "sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans every thing," was a perfect ending to the poem. It made the end of the seven stages magnificent. Although there were a couple abstruse lines that through me off guard, it was still a perfect example of classical poetry.


Paragraph 4:

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on September 23, 2011
Last Updated on September 26, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing