Why they kiss pet us...

Why they kiss pet us...

A Poem by Aaron David Schwartz
"

Losing a pet can be the most ferocious thing a heart can feel. But having to "do what's right" can absolutely kill you.

"

She came into our lives that day, her path had not been planned... ...a little black and white dainty girl into our world did land.

One of us, so thankfully, was observant and aware, and knew she must come home to us when she was spotted there.

So young, so sweet, so calm, she sat on that back seat, at a dog park, of all the places... this is where we'd meet.

Her current people brought her there because they loved her too, they wished they could have given her more, but knew what they must do.

So home she came, to our waiting arms, to a love she'd never known, to a comfy house, cats and a dog, and a place she could call her own.

In her backyard paradise is where she'd run and play...


 running, napping, running, napping,


 ...that seemed to fulfill her day.

Whether a mile high, or at sea level, she didn't really care,

as long as when going to bed or waking up, her family was there.

She always looks as though she has so many things to say...

...the steady stare, her expressive eyes, how she looks at you that way.

She shows us everyday how she loves her family, how she loves us each completely, nowhere else she'd rather be.

Hershey and Barkley, her canine Sis' and Bro,

and Rupert her favorite little cousin are so sad to see her go.

But dogs and cats, and all animals, know something that we've missed,

that when you're gone and no longer here, you see everyone you've kissed.

This is why, when they try real hard to lick and kiss and hug, when they roll around and climb on you and cuddle on the rug, when they stare at you and carefully place a kiss upon your chin, they're making sure that when your time comes they'll sense that you've come in.

They'll stop what they are doing, they'll turn and look and run, they'll jump into your loving arms, so happy that you've come.

They'll guide you to your family, tell everyone you're there,

they'll bark and howl, and cry and whine, emotions they won't spare.

This girl I've come to know and love, my sweet little GFD,

I will miss you so immensely, that I don't want anyone to see...


my cheeks are wet, my eyes are red, it's difficult to breath..

I love you with all my heart sweet girl.... my sweet little girl Cozy.

© 2015 Aaron David Schwartz


Author's Note

Aaron David Schwartz
GFD (GirlFriend Dog)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 7, 2015
Tags: pets, loss, love, sadness, dying

Author

Aaron David Schwartz
Aaron David Schwartz

Lancaster, CA



About
My name is Aaron and I am currently 46 years old. I'm single and have no children. I was born in the San Fernando Valley, in Southern California. I started writing fairly recently.. I found that I.. more..

Writing