A Walk through the Valley of Shadows

A Walk through the Valley of Shadows

A Story by heyitssadie
"

A story from the point of view of death. To introduce you to the way he sees this world.

"

If there was one thing I could say to those who are left behind, it would be this:

“I know it’s a little complicated. I know you’re confused. I know you need a better explanation. I know you ‘deserve’ a better explanation actually. But I want you all to think as if you were in my place. I have been given a job that I cannot abandon. It’s not in my ‘top ten list of things to do’ to suck out the souls of helpless humans. Look from my perspective.”

Let me show you what i see. If you behold the world the way I look at it, you would grasp that those who die in deadly accidents, are not the reason you should wear black. If you behold the world the way I look at it, you would realize that the people who recklessly destroy themselves everyday are not pitiable; it’s the spirit that has to bear the burden of their souls through the journey to the Underworld. If you look deeper into the Duat, you would not see a virtuous Earth as it was when time began; you would see the world full of vice and depravities. Immorality everywhere. Where it is more profitable to die rather than to live. I ask you? Do people think of those who live for them when they head towards alcohol bars? Do thoughtless teens think of morale when they start acting with gangs on the top of the police’s ‘wanted’ list. Do inconsiderate girls think about those helpless mothers who do not have the ability to reproduce when they decide for an abortion? No they don’t, do they?

That is the problem with humans. They think their race is superior to any other race. And by other races I mean not just animals, but spirits. Spirits of life, hope, death, anger and many more that would take years to be noted down. Humanity is not at all like us spirits. Not all humans are like Mother Teresa or Abdul Sittar Eidhi.

My point here is that walls crumble, wood burns, paper tears, humans- well, they die. They are far from being innocent. Even a good person is bad person who hasn’t gotten caught yet. So, do not waste time and tears on those who selfishly leave you behind. Everybody does that. Either lack of confidence, will power or the ability to differentiate between right and wrong leads to their death. And all of these things are under their and only their control. 

© 2016 heyitssadie


Author's Note

heyitssadie
I know its not that good. But im only in grade 9 and this is my first try.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: death, humans, life, mistakes

Author

heyitssadie
heyitssadie

Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan



About
Hi there. I'm a regular teenager. Just turned 13. Well, i'm a great fan of mythologies and i read Rick Riordan alot. I have this new theory that human adolescence doesn’t end until your early th.. more..